Scottish Tablet - tried it? like it?

Tablet - have you tried it?  

29 members have voted

1. 1. Tablet - have you tried it?

• Tried it - love it!
    • Tried it - can't stand it!
    • Never tried it

I prefer the 'real stuff' from Scotland but Thornton's stuff is pretty good!

I guess the closest English equivalent is Kendal Mint Cake.... :)

Isn't that the stuff that gives you the endurance and determination to walk enormous distances in a day?

It always worked for me. I'd walk fifty miles if necessary, to find somewhere that had anything else to eat except Kendal Mint Cake. :gag::gag::gag:

Isn't that the stuff that gives you the endurance and determination to walk enormous distances in a day?

It always worked for me. I'd walk fifty miles if necessary, to find somewhere that had anything else to eat except Kendal Mint Cake. :gag::gag::gag:

Yes, comparing it to Kendal Mint Cake wasn't selling its appeal to me, maybe JoeP wants to keep what little supplies there are to himself! :D

Yes, comparing it to Kendal Mint Cake wasn't selling its appeal to me, maybe JoeP wants to keep what little supplies there are to himself! :D

The texture and the sweetness are comparable, though tablet is a little grittier (the stuff I had was at least, though it was home-made). It's harder than fudge.

It has a lovely taste - creamy and vanilla-ey - though a little goes a very long way due to its sweetness.

I am so transparent. :)

Basically, if you need a sugar rush of gargantuan proportions, these are your foods of choice.

:)

The texture and the sweetness are comparable, though tablet is a little grittier (the stuff I had was at least, though it was home-made). It's harder than fudge.

It has a lovely taste - creamy and vanilla-ey - though a little goes a very long way due to its sweetness.

Indeed - Tablet should be harder - that's my gripe with the Thorntons one - it's often a little softer than the Scottish originals.

LOL! When I did 'outdoor stuff' in my teens, I'd always have some Kendal Mint Cake and a couple of emergency Mars bars tucked away soemwhere. And on my safe return I'd scoff the lot.... Typically I was so knackered from whatever I'd been doing that I'd lie there twitching as the sugar rush hit....mmmm....sugar.... :D

• 1 month later...
It's not 'proper' tablet. It's a half-arsed imitation - it will do in times of extreme need, but it ain't the real thing!

StarSparkle

StarSparkle if you want the real thing Pm me and I will send you some

Sandie

StarSparkle if you want the real thing Pm me and I will send you some

Sandie

Aww, Sandie, what a lovely thought - thank you so much. That's so sweet of you.

It's all right thanks, though, I'll soon be going back to Auld Reekie for a few days to visit the family, so I'll be able to stock up then!

But thank you for the very kind thought.

Cheers,

Sparkle x

Archived