Village Idiot - Do you have one?

You need to come up here and see "Mad" Pete at work. Always talking to himself and laughing out loud at his at his own jokes. He works in peoples gardens weeding and tidying up rain, hail or snow (bit like the current weather) but his best ever was cutting someone's lawn during a storm and singing and laughing at the same time.

Oh, I nearly forgot - it was an electric mower to boot - how daft is that?

Have you recently watched "Caddyshack" :cool:

We used to have one at Sharrow, over six foot jamaican guy with dreadlocks.

Bless his heart, you would always catch him walking down the middle of London Road talking very loudly to himself.

What used to 'concern' me though is whenever said man saw ME he would scream at the top of his voice 'baby gal where ya beeeen'?? 'why you not anwser my calls'?? 'I been locked up but I came back for you baby' 'I know the baby aint mine' all the time blcoking my path so I can't pass..... soooo embarrassing.

Not seen his lovely self for well over a year now. Oh how I miss our little meetings.

we used to have a forummer whose username was 'Village idiot' chosen so he could get away with anything I suppose, and he did usually, it was either a rant about immigrants or sexist stuff- disguised with alternative names

Yes, but wondering around in just your under wangers, shouting obsenities at parked cars in the middle of the day tends to be looked upon with disgust :loopy:

Yes AO, we live in a strange world where your habits are not considered normal :hihi:

Yes AO, we live in a strange world where your habits are not considered normal :hihi:

Yeah, it seems so. I cant see what the big issue is, personally, but then again prancing around in a big chicken suit has never got me in with the local community. Maybe I am trying too hard? :huh:

Back home there were quite a few knocking around the various villages.

Another had an lad who was rumoured to have had sex with his mum's dog in their back garden and generally lurched round the place with a vacant look in his eyes.

B

Was it with a lurcher?

Do you have someone that lives in your immediate area that would be classed as strange, unusual, eccentric, oddball or whatever? I am talking about the local village idiot or want for a better description who has become infamous through their unusual behaviour, whatever that might be, and is well known throughout your village/town/district.

The reason I have brought this up is cos I was having a chat with some friends the other day and I was telling them about this dude that lived in my village who was known to the locals as Barmy Brian. The name derived from him being called Brian and the fact that he had a strange habit of wearing pants on his head. Anyway, these friends of mine then told me about someone that lived in their town that was a tad bit strange. Seems every town, village, city across this country has someone similar to the person I mentioned.

Over to you.

I hate the term "village idiot", my dad used to call my brothers this, it is so degrading, you shouldnt call anyone this, just because they are a tad "eccentric" :rant:

Archived