Memories of Wigfalls

John do you remember RITA,SUE,JOAN,IRENE IN thestores I beleive she pased away Roy BETTNEY, DAVE LITHERLAND,VIC WILSON, RON EASTWOOD, JOHN HOBSON,BRIAN DIXON,BARRY COULDWELL.

A couple of names I remember there too....the name John Bishop rings a bell (but can't picture in my memory). Didn't you work on "Automatics" in the days before we all did them?

I remember Dave Litherland well.

Anyone remember Dennis ... an oldish guy (compared to me) in them days. He worked from Attercliffe shop. Was a keen golfer.

I can't remember his surname....memories fade as the years have passed.

A couple of names I remember there too....the name John Bishop rings a bell (but can't picture in my memory). Didn't you work on "Automatics" in the days before we all did them?

I remember Dave Litherland well.

Anyone remember Dennis ... an oldish guy (compared to me) in them days. He worked from Attercliffe shop. Was a keen golfer.

I can't remember his surname....memories fade as the years have passed.

Yes me John Bishop did do automatics with Graham Westerman as leader before everyone did them and before it all went pie shaped

• 2 weeks later...
I remember Roy Bettney,Pete Grayson,Dennis Morrell,Ken Goodacre from when i used to work in the offices on Mowbray Street.

Hi Jackie .. I used to work in the office at Mowbray Street too, when you were there . The only Jackies I knew were Willis and Arnold . Are you one of them ?

I remember Lynn Ryder, who had a great singing voice, I could listen to her sing for hours. Cyril Pridmore, who I loved to bits. He was so funny. Beattie Wilkinson, so bossy and Lily Pybus .. Do you remember them ... My name was Pat Walsh then . Henry Walsh is my Brother, he used to work in loan sets ...

I remember Cyril. He was the sloppiest, messy person in the world. Then along came his future wife, can't remember her name, to work in the office. What a change in Cyril. From Mr. Messy, to Mr. Clean almost overnight. A bunch of us, led by Cyril used to play dominoes between the day shift, and starting overtime.

Hi,

When i left home and my girlfriend and i got our first place to live in Sheffield, we hired a twin-tub washing machine from Wigfalls in Fitzallen Square. To our annoyance, the cursed machine kept breaking down and after months of Wigfalls messing us around in having it repaired, my girlfriend told me that the shop would get the wrong end of her temper if they didn't sort it out soon. ...one week later and Wigfalls had a huge fire! I can assure anyone out there with raised eyebrows, that my girlfriend DID NOT take the law into her own hands and have her revenge! But todays big stores should take heed that nobody is invincible and that God works in mysterious ways!

Edited by mickward1958

• 1 month later...