I know this isn't sheffield but really need help re: Greasbrough Social Club 60s

Hi all I need a bit of help, I am not sure where I should have posted this as I am new so I am sorry if it is in the wrong place. I couldn't really find a site like this for Rotherham

Does anyone remember the Greasbrough Social Club from the 1960s. I belong to a forum for the Movie star Jayne Mansfield and my father told me he was there when she appeared at this club around 1965 and all that he can remember is her being booed off!

Now I and my friends are DESPERATE for any info, pictures, footage or even a poster for her appearance at this club and so far we are coming up with Zero.

Please if ANYONE can help I would be REALLY greatful you can mail me direct at ilovesindy@googlemail.com in case I don't get in here much

Teresa x

This is an old post off sheffield forum I dont know if the poster is still about he/she maybe able to help:-

Fuddyduddy

08-01-2004, 11:41 PM

Does anybody remember the old Greasbrough Club near Rotherham in the 60's . It was a hybrid cross between a W.M.C and a theatre.What a night out ,4 or 5 acts on all good with star acts such as Tommy Cooper,The Shadows and Gerry and the Pacemakers.I once saw an elephant on stage and all for a token entrance fee. Just 3 games of bingo were run off very quickly because there entertainment was king not bingo.Do you remember the little bar in the corner which was hoplessly inadequate sometimes the queues to the bar stretched the full length of the concert room and everybody was buying 2 pints at a time because of that. By the way the elephant was very good,Tanya I think they called her.

• 3 years later...

hello i remember the greasborough club very well i performed at the club many times.the artists would often double between this and the scala progressive club at doncaster.they would have many and top acts.the clubland scene in south yorks was very big and these clubs would always be full.both buildings are now supermarkets.later additions to these were the BA BA club at barnsley and KI KI at kirk sandall doncaster. i am not totally sure but i think people were booked by artist management from doncaster

Archived