URGENT - REWARD AVAILABLE - Where is JOSEPHINE TURTON Sheffield 1970's

Another thing you could do is check the electoral rolls at the Local History Library to see when the family moved from the last known address. This gives a more tight framework of dates especially if they did move out of Sheffield.

Are there any sites you guys are aware of that may have pictures ie year books or class photo's from that era ???????

Thanks again for all your assistance so far :)

?????????????????????

Please ask your relatives if they are the right age - a school photo or any photo would be fantastic :)

Hi Stephan.

You really need those two marriage certificates if only to rule them out. You can apply for them online at http://www.gro.gov.uk/gro/content/ They cost £7 each.

Have you also thought of going down the line of the sister who was born in 1939, thats assuming that she survived.

Tuppie

Tuppie,

under what sir & christian name was the sister born in 39 ? As we know Josephine was born in 53, mothers maiden name is listed as Eagle, can't find any such listing for Norma ??

Tuppie,

under what sir & christian name was the sister born in 39 ? As we know Josephine was born in 53, mothers maiden name is listed as Eagle, can't find any such listing for Norma ??

Ignore that question Tuppie I found the entry..... Norma Turton (mother nee Eagle) Jul/Aug/Sep quarter of 1938..... have birth cert ref pondskater if you need it

use an online people finder agency...they are VERY good usually and I have tracked down a few names from the past that way.....be prepared to spend around £100 but you will get everything done for you, history current address, contact made on your behalf, etc

Father - Joseph Turton ( william ??)

Mothers parents may have been Arthur Eagle / Amy Driver ?

Hi Pondskater..... father was definately Joseph I have his and Amys Marriage reference if you want to get their certificate... let me know and I will PM you.

I was thinking about branches that may lead you to Josephine and would like to ask how sure you are about Arthur Eagle and Amy Driver being Amy's parent's, there are other suggestions raising their heads but don't want to go down any routes if you know for sure ??

Devlin

Archived