Buttermere Rd S7

zee1

The Dunk family, now that's a name from the past, I certainly remember them. The other family I'm thinking of had a huge and varied collection of piles of rust [old works vans] they used to disintergrate as they sat there and one of the little lads used to find it amusing to go around cutting wires that came down the wall of houses.

Can't remember many other names although it's bugging me there was a lass I knew who worked in the Thorntons factory but her name escapes me.

The Dunk family, now that's a name from the past, I certainly remember them. The other family I'm thinking of had a huge and varied collection of piles of rust [old works vans] they used to disintergrate as they sat there and one of the little lads used to find it amusing to go around cutting wires that came down the wall of houses.

Can't remember many other names although it's bugging me there was a lass I knew who worked in the Thorntons factory but her name escapes me.

did they call here elsie . a she work at thorntons :love:

I lived at the top of Crummock road in the 70s and 80s. My best friend at junior school was Dawn Davis who lived on Buttermere road. There were the Marshalls, Keith and Sharon and their cousins the Battersbys, Dawn and Darren. I remember the Dunks and the Jubbs, that would be Tanya. And Stephanie Hall lived in the same yard as the Battersbys. We used to have a great time playing marbles and french skipping and racing our bikes. Great memories. I am 41 now and went to Carterknowle junior school if anyone has any other memories of that area in the 70s, Millhouses lido etc!!

i am going back a bit . do you rember the trains .going under the tunnell on archer rd we use.d to sit on the steps .o.m.g ,it sends shivers down my spine . used to collect train numbers .. it only neaded . one push .and we would be gone

Archived