Draw us some out mate.

You go to the mini bank and the first thing you see is the cash is still in the machine left from the previous person.

Yes, i've done it myself taken the card and left the cash.

So the person before you is nowhere in sight and the cash is looking at you.

Now its fair to say that i would probably take the cash because if i don't someone else will.

1. Would you pocket it or not.

2. A recent case showed that someone did and got a police caution, should he have got it or not.

Your views please.

I've been in this very situation.

Fortunately I remembered the person who was in front of me and set off chasing. They were happy at there £100 back.

Ifthey weren't their I would complete my transaction then go into the branch and advise the cashier that the person directly BEFORE my transaction left there money at the machine. They will then be able to locate that persons account becuase they were directly before you. Jobs a good un!

I would go back on monday and also there is now a lot of CCTV near cash points (due to crime) and I would feel happier if I gave it in cuz then my conscience would be clear....

...any chance of there being a spell check on this here forum as I can't spell

Still attempt to get the money back to the owner.

Then again, if it's a any cash point outside a supermarket, how do you know which bank it is.

Take it, save it, and when the police get in touch... tell him you have been saving it till they got in touch!

No opinion if the caution was justified.

Originally posted by DaBouncer

If they weren't their I would complete my transaction then go into the branch and advise the cashier that the person directly BEFORE my transaction left there money at the machine. They will then be able to locate that persons account becuase they were directly before you. Jobs a good un!

Good point DB never thought of that, maybe then it would be justified to take the cash back in to the bank.

Archived