Potty training megathread

Faye12

Thankfully I've been able to use morning sickness as a reason not to have to deal with poo at all...but the singing and poetry we get from cosycub while he sits on the potty for a 'long, big poo' are worth every minute of the potty training hassle...especially when we're out somewhere and he treats everyone in the public loos with his Comedy Poo Revue, including 'Old Macdonald had a Poo' and loud, involved updates on his progress.

:hihi::hihi:

As a mother of three kids I really can't understand this !! It's not just Lazy it's mental torture for the child as by this age the social implications are massive!! Kids are notorious for pointing out 'differances' in the playround and these children are seriously gonna be affected !!!

I started potty training just before each child turned 3, in each case it was the perfect time as they instigated the process themselves by starting to notice and ask questions when Mummy, Daddy and subsequently older siblings were using the toilet !

It's not easy to potty a child but it's not brain surgery either!!

:mad: Shame on them!!!

That's gros but rather that than the poo in the pants routine I'm getting from twingle2 :gag:

gawd!:gag: not had to deal with poo in the pants for about a year thankfully...

she has had a couple of wets at nursery recently due to them playing outside and her not wanting to go back in. she had one of those today and OH text me today to say she came out with best line ever... "wet comeded out my bum" :hihi::hihi: its so funny what they come out with !

Oh the comments are hilarious arn't they!! Off topic I know but....

I remember my son starting nursery and coming home telling me he went to the 'happy' toilet because the 'angry' toilet isn't nice????? :confused:

It took some solving but in the nursery school there were two toilets and when the seat was up the rubbers on one toilet lid expressed a happy face whereas the other toilet (differant in design) the rubbers under the toilet seat expressed an angry frowning face...hence his preference!! :hihi:

Some are even older :gag:

On a serious note, the parents of such children should be investigated for neglect. it wouldn't suprise me if they were the type to have animal faeces all over their house left on the floor.

I could understand if the child had some sort of medical condition i also understand that some children take longer to potty train than others, but this is just pathetic.

I agree with chem1st the parents need investigating for neglect.

I know a lot of people wont agree but I've been putting Noah on his potty since day one. Boys are renound to pee all over as soon as their winky hits fresh air so I hold him over it for a few mins. If he doesn't seem to like it I just move him.

My mum did this with me and by 9 months I was weeing on a potty and was out of nappies at 16 months.

I just do not understand some people..... why have kids if you are not going to look after them properly ??

They cannot blame ignorance anymore because kids even in my day kids were taught about contraception in school.

i'm having trouble getting my 5 year old to be dry at night. (during the day he tends to be a bit lazy and quite often wets his pants, we've been doing sticker rewards for dry pants, but doesn't seem to be getting anywhere) so i'm afraid we put bedtime nappy type pants on a bedtime, and they're always soaked first thing. any suggestions?