Potty training megathread

Faye12

Thanks for replies.

I was worried he was autistic, but I've been told because his behaviour in other areas is good & that he has good grasp of words but not sentences, that it's not likely he is. But I am keeping an eye on it, as I'm a mum - you still worry don't you?

I'm hoping once starts nursery then he will calm down - touch wood... Maybe he will prove to be an angel....lol

At least I'm not the only one - makes me feel better - although wouldn't wish this on anyone....:)

:D what a thread title huh? I'm going to get a potty for my daughter, even if it just sits in the house for a while, I don't think it will be too long before she's ready.

Anyone know any good ones? I don't want an all singing, all dancing one cos I think they look too much like toys. I do like girly pink colours but its not a must lol.

My eldest daughter had a fab one when she was training, it was orange with a HUGE brim, so was very comfy for her, whereas all the others seemed narrow and painful. Can't remember where it was from typically though! :rolleyes:

Our best is a purple plastic one with a back that we got from a car boot sale. Cheap and cheerful and works a treat. It's dead light but tall enough to avoid that uncomfy 'crouching' posture of tiny potties. Also has a removable bowl: very useful.

AVOID the 'throne' potty, white and green and has a fanfare when they pee. Especially if you have a boy. The removable bowl is fiddly to put in place, and it leaks from a couple of places even when put together properly...so even when Cosycub succeeded in getting the potty, I still got to clean up pee. Hurrah.

I was very quick to get a seat and stool for the actual toilet, too. Meant getting rid of the potties and on to using the toilet on his own was quite a quick progression.

We use these types at the nursery i work at:

http://www.mothercare.com/gp/product/B001CFP4JE/sr=1-23/qid=1220221206/ref=sr_1_23/026-3849929-0838048?ie=UTF8&m=A2LBKNDJ2KZUGQ&n=42858041&mcb=core

(obviously not the pink fifi one)

and we find them fantastic, they are at the right height for the children to feel comfortable on them and they have a removable bowl to make cleaning easy!

We use these types at the nursery i work at:

http://www.mothercare.com/gp/product/B001CFP4JE/sr=1-23/qid=1220221206/ref=sr_1_23/026-3849929-0838048?ie=UTF8&m=A2LBKNDJ2KZUGQ&n=42858041&mcb=core

(obviously not the pink fifi one)

and we find them fantastic, they are at the right height for the children to feel comfortable on them and they have a removable bowl to make cleaning easy!

That's almost exactly like the first one I described...I can definitely recommend it.

We have the 'boys version' of this one and it is great, as his 'winkle':) fits in it no problem & no splashing or leaking. Just wish I could get him to use it all the time. He is almost 3 & he refuses point blank most of the time - nightmare.:confused: