Potty training megathread

Faye12

Hi, I wouldn't worry too much about potty training just yet. All children are different, and if they aren't ready, it can be upsetting not to mention messy. I bought a potty for my little girl when she was about 20 months, and told her what it was for, and often asked her if she needed to use it. She is a bright child, but just didn't get it so i didn't push it either.

Anyway, she is now 32 months, and 2 weeks ago I decided to try for real. She caught on amazingly, and was out of nappies and accident free in about 3 days. She uses the potty for wees and poos, and most nights she is dry too. It was painless and not messy at all.

Im glad i waited as long as I did, mainly because there was no stress at all. I hope this helps:)

Hi, I wouldn't worry too much about potty training just yet. All children are different, and if they aren't ready, it can be upsetting not to mention messy. I bought a potty for my little girl when she was about 20 months, and told her what it was for, and often asked her if she needed to use it. She is a bright child, but just didn't get it so i didn't push it either.

Anyway, she is now 32 months, and 2 weeks ago I decided to try for real. She caught on amazingly, and was out of nappies and accident free in about 3 days. She uses the potty for wees and poos, and most nights she is dry too. It was painless and not messy at all.

Im glad i waited as long as I did, mainly because there was no stress at all. I hope this helps:)

Very good advice, especially considering boys tend to be slower at getting it than girls. I didn't start till mine was about 3, and I was sure he understood and was ready. Done and dusted in 2 weeks.

I really wouldn't rush, because it isn't much fun at all, so you might as well be very sure he's ready and keep the mess to a minimum :P

Then rather than worrying about whether you're keeping up with the early potty training brigade, you can smirk to yourself about all the nasty poo-related accidents they're setting thjemselves up for...:D

i and thier dad recently over last 3 weeks got my 3 year old son out of nappies

how--i ran out early one weekend and was skint, when thier picked them up i sed can u buy some nappies, he sed yes, 2 days later he brings them home, not bought none, hes not weed himself once, i just decided no piont in buying anymore and hes been dry since, only 2 accidents

and my girl was due to start pre school so 1 week after i just stopped the nappies, never one accident at all, until not and she five, she had one other day at school

I've tried sitting my 17 month old daughter on the potty a few times. She absolutely HATES it, and screams as though she's terrified!!???

my girl was same she prefered the tiolet, they feel very grown up, i just got a tiolet seat and she was fine

my son loved the potty haha, i had to get rid to make him use the bog

My son is only 7 1/2 months so this shouldn't be really on my mind but how have you all got on with potty training once you are back at work? Did the carer do it, did you manage it at home?

My mum will be looking after Lewis for 3 days a week. Is is successful when more than one person is trying to potty train?

I've had a clean potty in my DD's toy box for her to play with since she was 18 months old. From 23 months she decides to go on the potty sometimes, so I will have an attempt at potty training but they are never successful. I never push it, and let her decide if it's a potty training day - she usually takes off her nappy herself and shouts wee and usually when I'm in the shower 8) She's currently doing some potty training in the house and is doing quite well. I still put nappies on when I go out, as I don't think either of us are ready for it yet!