Potty training megathread

Faye12

Just take your time. My little boy was 2 last week, and he goes on his potty but if he has a nappy on he doesnt peep a word to me, he will poo in them and not say anything. We're only playing at potty training at the minute, he is only 2. I reward him when he poo's on the potty though, with a biscuit or treat. If he wees on it I just say 'Well done'. I cant offer advice to be honest, because we really arent getting serious about having him dry just yet - against loads of peoples advice because apparantly my son is 'more than bloody ready, I should get it done sooner rather than later' All I can say is, dont rush it, thats what im not doing. Its all at his pace.

And, as Elite said ignore those that will tell you little timmy was dry at 2 and was speaking 4 languages by 2.5! Even though my son is training now, he certainly wont be dry for a long time.

Well Gina Ruby can speak 392 different languages :hihi:. (Jokes). I am potty training my little one but at the minute it's just letting her wander around with a nappy off and she will sit on the potty and sometimes do stuff. She is aware of something happening as she will say 'oooooooh' and look bemused but she has done 2 poohs on a potty and a few wees but sometimes she just misses the potty and gets the floor but she'll get their in her own time. She knows when she wants to do something it's just getting it all together. But she is only 19 months tomorrow so plenty of time for her to be trained before nursery etc.

mu lil girl is 27mth and she will go on the potty now and then when we let her run round with no nappy on but she forgets and will have the odd accident.

however she wil tell us now n then if she has had a poo in her nappy which is a good sign i think but we arnt rushing her into anything as she will do it in her own time although we try as much as we can.

• 1 month later...

Hi,

I am wanting some advice if possible. I am so proud of my little boy he is only 2 years 2 months and hes potty trained in the day time now and hes been waking up with dry nappies on at night but Im just wondering how do I go about potty training him at night.

Do I just put him in normal pants for bed? Do I keep waking him to use the potty? How do I get him out of nappies at night really is my question. I guess any tips or ideas?

he is still very young to be dry at night but all kids are different, think mine was about 3.

We started with no drinks after a certain time (2 hours before bedtime), then I would make sure they had a wee immediately before bed, if I heard them shuffling about in the night I would get them up for a wee but not very often.

get a mattress cover and expect accidents. good luck :)

Yes I am aware that he is younger than other kids but he has been waking up completly dry so Im starting to think he is ready to be trained at night now. I think we could try not giving drinks and making sure he uses the toilet before bed. We already have a matteress protector so we need to get ready for the bed changing daily maybe :)

Also put a potty in the bedroom for him to use in the night if he needs to.

yeah, we also didn`t put them pants on at first, they can be a bit dificult for little boys to deal with when they`re half asleep;)

If he has been dry after a night for a week he should be ready....just go for it. I would just put him in jama's ..no pants. I used pampers or huggies bed mats togo under the sheet and put a towel over the sheet so if he has a little accident then you can just whip the towel off with changing the whole bed. The bed mats are good as they protect the mattress....Good luck!!!!