Potty training megathread

Faye12

great thread!!

my little one is 2 and and half and is showing no interest at all in the potty we havve had it in the room with her i have even showed her how to sit on it and she is not botherd. im worried as she will be startin nursery next year so wanted to get her semi off the nappies by then :(:help:

great thread!!

my little one is 2 and and half and is showing no interest at all in the potty we havve had it in the room with her i have even showed her how to sit on it and she is not botherd. im worried as she will be startin nursery next year so wanted to get her semi off the nappies by then :(:help:

i think most people have that "omg" when there LO starts nursery, dashing about trying to get them dry :)...........i'm sure i did with my daughter!

Threads merged into the potty training megathread

I'll keep saying it until I'm blue in the face...the later the better. When they're ready. And it will be quick.

Start too early, and it will take weeks/months. Why torture both yourself and the child like that?

Oh, and boys are often ready later... my oldest was ready around 3 plus, and was dry day and night inside of 2 weeks. Because he was ready.

I refused to bow to the ridiculous 'as early as possible' brigade, and I'm so glad I did.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi I have just started potty training my 18 month little boy but he has been hiding when he has a number 2 for ages and if he was seeing with no nappy on would stop mid flow. All babies are different and I would look for signs your baby is ready but even then it doesn't happen over night but with perciverance and alot of praise it works. Ethan is now weeing on the potty just got to get the number 2 sorted. Hope that helps and good look

Hi all I am at this stage and am struggling my daughter is 3 december. She does not have a bottle or beaker at night or in the day she has a cup in the day but has no drink through the night as she sleeps through, 6 ish- 7ish pm till same in the morning.

She does not have a dummy either anymore we took that away mnths ago. She will sit on the toilet off her own back but does not do anything, she seems to do it so she can play with the toilet light pully thing but does take her nappy/knickers off if she does get on.

And she will come tell you when she has done a wee or the other :gag: in her nappy.

She loves having big girl knickers on but still thinks their nappies and pee's through them contantly. Any Advice would be welcomed p.s. she wont go on a potty either. :(

Hi all I am at this stage and am struggling my daughter is 3 december. She does not have a bottle or beaker at night or in the day she has a cup in the day but has no drink through the night as she sleeps through, 6 ish- 7ish pm till same in the morning.

She does not have a dummy either anymore we took that away mnths ago. She will sit on the toilet off her own back but does not do anything, she seems to do it so she can play with the toilet light pully thing but does take her nappy/knickers off if she does get on.

And she will come tell you when she has done a wee or the other :gag: in her nappy.

She loves having big girl knickers on but still thinks their nappies and pee's through them contantly. Any Advice would be welcomed p.s. she wont go on a potty either. :(

Maybe she's just not ready yet. Why not leave it completely unless she initiates something and try again in a month or so. When she's ready it will probably click quite quickly. I went cold turkey with my ds when he was approaching 3. For 3 days he just wet all the time and I was just going to give up but then it dawned on him what was going on and it clicked pretty quickly after that. I think he was ready but he needed the nappy off the get the sensation.

• 9 months later...

Hi, I need some help. My son is just 3, he is toilet trained for wee's and dry both day and night. He is in pants and has been for some time. We have progressed from potty to the toilet upstairs. He knows when he wants to wee and asks, occaisionally taking himself. Our problem is poo's. He will not ask or say when he wants to go, he does not hold it but just does it in his pants. By the time I know what's happening its all over and done with. He does not have a regular cycle and can sometimes go twice a day. Everyone I have spoken to about this has said just be patient - I've run out. I am sick to the teeth of clearing poo out of pants and I'm guessing nursery and nanna are as well. I have tried sticker charts, treats and encouragement. I have talked and explained. Today has been exceptionally bad, having managed to smear poo all over me & the bathroom floor when trying to clean him up I resorted to dumping him in the shower. He has gone to bed without a story - I was so angry. Now I am tired and fed up - please help :help:

• 1 month later...

Im currently attempting potty training my daughter, She will be 2 in september.

She will sit on a potty for a short time but refuses to pee!.

Shes my first child and ill be honest, I dont know where to start!

I've tried the bribery thing with jelly tots and she'll sit there until shes eaten it then off she trots and decides to pee afterwards.

I was told to put knickers on instead of pull ups so she felt wet when she did a tiggle, But she didnt seem phased by this at all...

Sometimes she gives little tell tale signs that she needs to pee, and othertimes she doesnt..

I was advised to buy a "pee pee Doll" To show my daughter that when you drink, you pee, and pee's go in a potty, Has anyone else tried this? if so was it much success...or a waste of time?

Any advice from other Parents would be much appreciated...

My daughter was 2 last month and won't use the potty or the toilet seat. She will sit on the potty and will tell me when she's done a "poo" (a poo is a wee or a poo at the min) in her nappy.

Im personally not too worried and Im going to leave it a while longer until she show's more signs she is ready (although not 100% sure what these are).

I take her to the loo with me and I let her have nappy free time.

The next step I think I am going to try is the knickers step.

I bought a potty book from the pound shop and although she hasn't pee'd on the potty it did make her realise what it is used for and she often puts her dolls on it and tell me they have poo'd. All positive steps in my opinion.

Edited by jenz245

Im currently attempting potty training my daughter, She will be 2 in september.

She will sit on a potty for a short time but refuses to pee!.

Shes my first child and ill be honest, I dont know where to start!

I've tried the bribery thing with jelly tots and she'll sit there until shes eaten it then off she trots and decides to pee afterwards.

I was told to put knickers on instead of pull ups so she felt wet when she did a tiggle, But she didnt seem phased by this at all...

Sometimes she gives little tell tale signs that she needs to pee, and othertimes she doesnt..

I was advised to buy a "pee pee Doll" To show my daughter that when you drink, you pee, and pee's go in a potty, Has anyone else tried this? if so was it much success...or a waste of time?

Any advice from other Parents would be much appreciated...

Have you considered that your daughter might not be ready yet? She is quite young to be potty training. My daughter is 2 in October and I have the potty out but don't feel she is ready to train yet. She has done a couple of wees and a couple of poos on it but she sometimes down right refuses to try or insists on trying for ages and doesn't do anything. My son was nearly 3 before he was ready. If it's not working leave it a few months and try again. If you push too hard it might have the opposite effect. Most kids I know have been at least 2 before they were ready.