Relatives Of Bert Hawley Served Middle East Force During 2nd World War

SMITHIE

Is there a relative of a Bert Hawley, served in 6 Div Signals No 2354006. I have correspondence that Bert sent to friends and also photographs. Probably stationed in or near Middlesbrough.May have been married to Connie??? Some possible connection with Hillsborough?

Is there a relative of a Bert Hawley, served in 6 Div Signals No 2354006. I have correspondence that Bert sent to friends and also photographs. Probably stationed in or near Middlesbrough.May have been married to Connie??? Some possible connection with Hillsborough?

Sounds like it could be the Father of Vivienne and Janice Hawley and the age is right. They had the Veg Shop on Leppings Lane in the 50's and both girls went to the same school as me on Parkside Road, Hillsborough. Viv now lives on the Sutton Estate and I'm sure will be in the phone book. Good luck.

Thanks for that Jossman, don't suppose if you know if Viv has married and changed her name ?

She was married but, divorced and retains her maiden name Hawley. I saw her about 5 years ago at a school reunion.

Archived