The world is coming to an end! Everybody panic!

I did my shopping in Morrisons Hillsborough as usual yesterday morning, and on chatting with the checkout opertator was told that Friday had been dreadful - queues down teh aisle, like at Christmas.

Yestarday wasn't bad at all.

I've noticed this now whenever we have a Bank Holiday or there's even a sniff of bad weather - I honestly think people panic too easily. I reckon part of it goes back to the Millenium Bug nonsense and the Fuel shortage fears some years ago.

Ridiculous behaviour.

I'd love to hear from anyone on here who DOES shop like WW3 is coming when the shops are closed for 1 or 2 days at most, and ask them just how much of what they buy gets easten and how much gets wasted?

I'd love to hear from anyone on here who DOES shop like WW3 is coming when the shops are closed for 1 or 2 days at most, and ask them just how much of what they buy gets easten and how much gets wasted?

they cant, they are currently being tested to see if they will be allowed a computer and internet connection :D

down here in perranporth we have just recieved all the delightfull holiday makers an they have stripped our shops bare to take back to there caravans how nice of them an our shops arnt closed so whats the point i ask myself well i think il just need my drink in the pub omorrow lunch watching liverpool thrash man u or will they drink all that aswell:hihi:

Yes, I'm with you on that one, laughalot.The visitors have arrived up here too and we only have a small co op, which the kindly visitors stripped bare of bread and milk, and salad stuff before 10am :mad:

Yes, I'm with you on that one, laughalot.The visitors have arrived up here too and we only have a small co op, which the kindly visitors stripped bare of bread and milk, and salad stuff before 10am :mad:

If it's an annual visit by the visitors - it being Easter an all, surely it's poor stock management by the Co-op not predicting an annual stripping of shelves? Should they not have oredered a bit extra?

Just a thought ;)

If it's an annual visit by the visitors - it being Easter an all, surely it's poor stock management by the Co-op not predicting an annual stripping of shelves? Should they not have oredered a bit extra?

Just a thought ;)

Oh my God, I wish you could see the local co op, it often looks like it's been burgled, and that's not even holiday season! Their ordering system is pathetic.We have been to consumer meetings to try and explain to the management that it makes sense to order more when there are events on in the village, or at holiday season.They always say they'll do it, and never do!! On the plus side, you can always buy a beach ball or a birthday card, but I find they don't toast as well as bread!!!

Archived