Lunch Club GREENHILL BEAUCHIEF AREA

anarchist

My parents are both into their 80s but like to dine out at lunchtime. They live Greenhill area and enjoy carveries and pub grub.

They take taxis about 5 days each week to various pubs.

Anyone got any recommendations? The further away from Westwick Road the more they pay for Taxi.

ANYONE ELSE IN A SIMILAR SITUATION.

The bowshaw Inn, not far from greenhill, just heading out towards dronfield, on the big roundabout it is a toby carvery and its gorgeous, a little further afield is the angel inn at holmesfield...i love them both. oh and there is black a moor which is between coal aston and marsh lane!! i'm hungry now!

The bowshaw Inn, not far from greenhill, just heading out towards dronfield, on the big roundabout it is a toby carvery and its gorgeous, a little further afield is the angel inn at holmesfield...i love them both. oh and there is black a moor which is between coal aston and marsh lane!! i'm hungry now!

Blackamoor has closed now

Sounds good. Will give the Bowshaw a try. The Blackamoor is all boarded up.

Biggest problem is cost of taxis. They go out one day per week to the carvery at Moorlands at Owler Bar. Excellent value carvery but taxi costs them £20. As they struggle cooking for themselves they eat out 5 days per week. Taxi fares form a large part of their budget.

Have they thought of seeing if there's anyone else in the area who would like to do the same and thus share the cost of the taxis?

good idea.

Any one know someone else in the area who is in same boat... Or any retired type with a car who wants a free lunch and a pint every lunchtime.

Archived