Do you buy petrol from expensive petrol outlets? - if so, why?

It's give & take Jeffrey, as with the whole tax system. You can't decide what you do and don't want your tax to go towards.

I agree. But should the change be implemented at all? Anyone who lives in- or moves to- a rural area knows very well that such costs will inevitably be greater there.

I agree. But should the change be implemented at all? Anyone who lives in- or moves to- a rural area knows very well that such costs will inevitably be greater there.

Good point. Many people that live such distances are farmers and they use their farm vehicles on the road with subsidised red diesel.

According to a tanker driver I knew, the cheap super market petrol is of lower quality than, for example Shell. It has fewer or no additives.

Like most things in life I suppose you get what you pay for.

Occasionally, I put the higher grade petrol in our cars (mini one and qashqai) but I don't know if it makes a lot of difference.

Does it give better MPG or clean the engine?

Archived