Is clubbing the same as it used to be?

Squeaker

Is clubbing the same  

39 members have voted

1. 1. Is clubbing the same

• yes
    • no

whether clubbing is the same - depends really! i think the only thing to remain relatively 'underground' is drum n bass the rest has been explioted - people seem far more informed and good club nights are far more accessible these days - they never used to be -

we used to have to travel for hours to get to a decent club that played acid house and european New Beat, i.e the Astoria, Shoom etc (or a field :D ) now all i have to do is visit me local where DJ Steve is mixing the nations finer cuts as found in ministry of sound 63 or selected hits from smash hits 241

i remember going to london just to tape some of the priate radio stations that were playing acid house - class :thumbsup:

all in all there's still some good nights about - although like i said depends what you mean by 'clubbing' really! there's plenty of 'clubbing' going on in (and outside) of Kingdom on a saturday night no doubt :(

After dance peaked in the mid late 90's, its levelled out again.

What you seem to have now is fewer, but better accessible quality nights out. I'm reasonable new to Sheffield, but you have UG... whatever on is on at Zero plus The Room on Fir and Sat. So not as many as before but, decent nights out.

People are still going out and having good nights, and doing whatever they have to do to enjoy themselves. I'm still spend my life with randoms, who I instantly forget, I still see things at clubs that don't really seem to compute.

Went to Hustle @ Zero... most fun night out I have had in ages.

Clubbing lives on, it just has to work during the week.

When I initally started this post it was 'Which city is best for clubbing in England....' but the poll thing put me totally off track... so I wrote 'is clubbing the same as it used to be 'in order to have a yes no answer for the poll.....

Really my ulterior motive was to get names of good clubs I can check out around the coutnty with my mates.

My personal opinion is that its very hard to keep track of the good nights, I feel it is not the same as the 90s...but it is still happening, especially in Birmingham.

I was a very serious clubber a few years ago going out every week to 3 or 4 differant clubs playing trance/ hard house/us house and i would definatly say no it isn't- the attendances at these kind of nights has definatly got smaller (apart from london) but saying that with the rise of other genre's such as breakbeat, clubs like urban gorilla is now sheffields best known club in the mainstream scene.

It all goes in circles tho.

Aha....

With you.... what you into?

Leeds is good, mint and rehab esp technique and bascis.

Turnmills, good night, really confusing club. Fabric really nice club really confusing night. Spectrum @ the Bomb in Notts if you like your breaks....

I've managed to get to most of the major cities.... still want to do Colours in Glasgow and Garlands in Liverpool....and have done Slinky in Bristol but not in Bournemouth.

What you into?? Whats in Brum these days, much else besides Godskitchen?

nowdays i tend to keep my options and opinions open- trance is still my first choice but that does get boring after 5-6 years, i like my breaks when i go to UG, love pinup club- am even planning a trip to frantic down south so that should be fun!!!

Definatly agree about turnmills- i got lost so many times in there but it was sooo worth it (sisterbliss,jules,tall paul and armin played when i went)

The best club i went to (apart from the republic) was either camden palace in london or club rehab in leeds- both amazing clubs for compleatly differant reasons.

Been to slinky in bournemouth- that was a top laugh, altho yet to do liverpool!!!!

Brum has always got stuff going on- ahead has got there launch party there this friday and gods has moved to a saturday starting last week but its still mainly funky in birmingham now that sundiss has finished there.

Ah Rehab and Mr Beer... seem somewhat suited. Used to work with a lass, who was mates with him, his afterparties started at 6am.... not entirely convinced they stopped.

Can't here anything for days after though.

Deff going to hit Gallery@Turnmills....just class. Everytime I'm down in London, pick up Time Out, and think why do I not spend more time there. Down there just before christmas... club in Brixton that was full on trance. Infact could have been the Fridge.... damm you memory!! Laughing gas for sale, then they realeased massive big white balls, and then stopped the music and this ballerina, in full kit came on stage and dance to some soft music. Then the music kicked in again. Good god.

Brighton is class... honeyclub... I think...and the beach is there to pile onto afterwards.

Archived