Is clubbing the same as it used to be?

Squeaker

Is clubbing the same  

39 members have voted

1. 1. Is clubbing the same

• yes
    • no

The Music is getting better after a few years of rubbish. Some really good house knocking about now.

Is clubbing as good? Probably. I have great memories of Cream and even the Hacienda, but have had some wicked nights recently at club zero too. I've got older is the big difference....

All I'll say is I've had alot more disappointing nites out in the last couple of years compared to 5 years ago when I could almost guarentee a top nite out everytime I went out (and there was alot more choice then and I went clubbing 3 times a week).

Now I struggle to find nites I want to go to and find that the music doesn't get going sometimes and people are milling around looking bored rather than going for it (see UG 14th Jan). Maybe cos things have had to go so eclectic to keep the numbers up...

Originally posted by scottf

aaww my mates love the honey club!!!!

whats the fridge like- really wanna go there!!!

The Fridge was *the* underground trance club in london for years and years. It started off as quite an underground crowd but shifted more towards the massive ozzie/kiwi/seth efricen crowd.

Escape from Samsara ran every Friday there for about 6 or 7 years and was the first big club to play Euro trance/hard trance (this was when Gatecrasher was still a house club at the Arches). Beamish & Oberon who play at Zogg quite bit were residents there for years. In fact Planet Zogg is probably the closest you'll come anywhere in the UK to what the Fridge was like in its (arguably) hey day.

The London club scene changed quiet dramatically about 3 or 4 years ago and the Fridge ended up hosting lost of dodgy harddance nights (that all seem to have the same line up). The Fridge then shut down and was refitted out recently by new owners. Its still mainly hard dance/hard house but has expanded its horizons slightly...

Archived