The Old Blue ball hillsborough

exhausted

The word around the area is it's going to be closed down soon anyway and bulldozed for flats..anyone know any more?

Mmmmmmmmm, very interesting :suspect: I don't know anything else but would love for some facts on the suspicion. Any pre planning applications gone in? I've heard nothing.

right..... old ball is a listed building but only the front tap room the extension on the back is not.... i used to do security there and it was managed by morgan and sharon for many years then when they left, mitchell and butler sold it to trust inns which from then on went totally down hill... the manager didnt care bout making money aslong as he wasnt workin himself he was happy... he stopped all the dj's, karaoke, killer pool and eventually over a matter of weeks killed the trade....

now a lot of folk are saying weatherspoons took there custom but if anyone on here goes in weatherspoons they'll realise its a different crowd.... the manger in charge was never capable of running a pub and therefore this is the effect.... i was looking into taking the ball on as tenacy of will but trust wasnt up for it at the time and since speaking to the area manager the other day i can confirm sumone has invested in the ball and will be taking over shortly as soon as the lease is arranged......

Archived