Music on the internet

I've heard a lot about downloading music from the web but don't really have much of a clue how to go about it. I don't want to do anything illegal yet I don't want to pay too much.

Anybody got any suggestions how to start or can recommend sites where I can get the info?

If you do use these programmes make sure you have up to date anti virus software and a firewall to protect your PC from attacks, then the sky's your limit for downloading music, videos, games, apps etc.

Hint, there seems to be a problem with mentioning this sort of thing on the forum, Terms and Conditions and all that.

You didn't read it here first.

The problem is no antivirus software is going to pick up rouge code in a software that is a timebomb waiting to happen. I.E. Do nothing till new year 2004 then trash the content of the hard disk.

Why won't it be detected?

Because people are the payload and not the virus itself which makes it impossible to be spotted by anti-virus software alone until the damage is done that is.

AVG is ok. Considering it's for free and regularly updated, I strongly recommend it - especially when it picked up a virus in an EXE file that McAfee Virus Scan didn't!

Make sure you go to http://www.zonelabs.com and download a free copy of their Zonealarm software.

To check if your computer can be hacked, go to http://www.grc.com and run a free check.

Originally posted by upholder

Hint, there seems to be a problem with mentioning this sort of thing on the forum, Terms and Conditions and all that.

You didn't read it here first.

what he said ;)

you can talk about the software until the cows come home, but if someone links to a download site it'll be removed :P

AVG is good, its detected a few trojan horses for me. What I can't understand though is what pleasure do these weird people get from infecting computers with viruses. It just seems so stupid, I lost a lot of important irreplaceable stuff when mine crashed.

Archived