Champs on Sunday

kimolsen

I have been going into Champs on bank holiday Sunday for years and went down as usual on Sunday with another couple. Walked in and it was absolutely packed full with gangs of blokes out for a bank holiday scrap. It used to be a good day in there but the clientele has changed it seems to attract Sheffield's rougher element now. Although it was busy if they keep letting these idiots in it is only a matter of time before the trade drops.

Needless to say we walked straight out and down to Menzel's where the atmosphere was a lot more relaxed and a lot higher class of clientele.

I have been going into Champs on bank holiday Sunday for years and went down as usual on Sunday with another couple. Walked in and it was absolutely packed full with gangs of blokes out for a bank holiday scrap. It used to be a good day in there but the clientele has changed it seems to attract Sheffield's rougher element now. Although it was busy if they keep letting these idiots in it is only a matter of time before the trade drops.

Needless to say we walked straight out and down to Menzel's where the atmosphere was a lot more relaxed and a lot higher class of clientele.

Where they:

a. Buying a substantial amount of alcoholic beverage

b. No actual trouble was caused

c. Just happened to be significantly poorer than you are

I don't think Champs will mind a change in trade for one day if its brought bumper funds for the day.

How do you know that the class of clientele in Menzels is "a lot higher"? Do they "swarey" around in there with their "I'm snobbier than you" or "Don't talk to me as I'm vastly superior to you" t-shirts on?

Jim

Champs on a Bank Holiday is legendary.

Full of scallies.

Where they:

a. Buying a substantial amount of alcoholic beverage

b. No actual trouble was caused

c. Just happened to be significantly poorer than you are

I don't think Champs will mind a change in trade for one day if its brought bumper funds for the day.

How do you know that the class of clientele in Menzels is "a lot higher"? Do they "swarey" around in there with their "I'm snobbier than you" or "Don't talk to me as I'm vastly superior to you" t-shirts on?

Jim

Ha Ha well said fella

If someone came on here and started saying omg i went into a pub full off chavs and i was scared for my safety, what they mean is full of working class white people nobody will bat an eyelid, if they say it was full of blacks,asians they would most likely be tarred and feathered as a racist.

Personally my idea of a pub full of muppets is if it was full of snobby middle class bright orange fake tan 10 bob millionaires prancing about with their head up their arse.

Personally my idea of a pub full of muppets is if it was full of snobby middle class bright orange fake tan 10 bob millionaires prancing about with their head up their arse.

sounds like Menzels ?

I thought it was always like that, I was not aware that the crowd could get worse!

Totally agree. I stoped going there years ago because you had the feeling you had to watch your back all the time, just full of lads looking for a fight.

Food has gone down hill as well, the burgers have got alot smaller.

Archived