Remember Chelmsford Street/Woodbourn Road

Hi I am new on this site so I hope you can read this reply ok

I lived on Chelmsford St at 131 next door to Bob & Jessie Mellor's

They had 2 Boys Robert & Derek also I can remember Derek Burditt who my

younger brother went about with

George Biggs who I worked with at Sanderson & Newbold who lived 8 doors away.

My Sister Shirley would baby sit for Ernis & Audery Shaw who had the corner shop down towards Staniforth RD

I left in 1957 when I Married but my family stayed until about 1970

Great place to live in those days

Hi do you remember my Aunt and Uncle Alice and Bill Crossley, had a daughter Barbara and son Maurice. Thanks Penny.

Sorry but I didn't know your Aunt & Uncle but I will ask my Sister Shirley if she did

What Age would they be

They would have been in their 60s in the 1960s, don't remember what number they lived at, it was about six house from the chippie on the corner but on the other side of the road. Do you recall The marsens, Mrs Paramour or anyone else from that time. They move for the demolition in the late 60s. Thanks Penny.

Hi Neilf

Had a word with my brother & sister Shirley and they came up with some names

Harry Oliver who had the [chippie] JOHN LEGGE - BURDITS- PETE Mauwson who was my brother Terry's Best mate and his brother Stan.

Terry lives in Buxton But is going to look up some information he as and I will let you have it

Hi Neilf

Had a word with my brother & sister Shirley and they came up with some names

Harry Oliver who had the [chippie] JOHN LEGGE - BURDITS- PETE Mauwson who was my brother Terry's Best mate and his brother Stan.

Terry lives in Buxton But is going to look up some information he as and I will let you have it

Thanks for that I remember Pete Mauwson, I was friends with his sister Susan. Recall being in their house one day and Pete eating a tomatoe ketchup sandwich. Even though I like ketchup the thought of that still makes me feel queasy! Regards Penny.

Archived