How many Expats would move back to Sheffield

BUT YOU DONT LIVE IN SHEFFIELD B.H IT STICKS:hihi:

Look before you post, sydneyoss. Look at my location, I mean - it states that I live "mostly" in Lincolnshire. We spend two days each week in Sheffield, and will do so while ever we keep our Wadsley bungalow (probably for the rest of the year). Hence the Bradfield photo taken on Sunday.

why do you need to edit and twist the evidence for your own ends (post #70). Why not, for a moment, just accept that there are people who prefer to live somewhere other than your "paradise" (your description).

hillsbro, I accept that people will live wherever they want to, I have said in the past that this is the best place for me & mine, and I stick to that, nowhere have I said that I live in a better place than anyone else.

The reason I edit posts, is so that you know what part I am commenting on, they call it the KISS method, just for people like you, ?ankers.

I think between us, we have spoiled a good thread, no further comments.

Dont Know Any Bungalows In Wadsley Bridge. Youd Have To Have A Lot Of Money For That Lot May Be Millions Of Pounds. If Youd Like A Good Night Out Youd Get A Good Welcome Southey Green Club Or The Five Arches

I have said in the past that this is the best place for me & mine, and I stick to that, nowhere have I said that I live in a better place than anyone else.

..and you also described it as paradise. And I wouldn't call people names.

Dont Know Any Bungalows In Wadsley Bridge. Youd Have To Have A Lot Of Money For That Lot ...

To answer both points, it isn't in Wadsley Bridge it's in Wadsley, and it's worth about 200k. And my local in Sheffield is the Horse & Jockey. It can get rough at times, but what the hell....

Yes, sadly, as it closed some years ago. I joined the club on my 18th birthday, and went regularly with my dad and brother Roy for 20+ years (Roy even got thrown out, one night in c. 1973, but that's another story...) Along with many old-style clubs etc. the Dial House failed to move with the times and it gradually went downhill. Takings suffered, the old adage "use it or lose it" applied, and the club closed. Then a property developer wanted to turn it into flats - and was refused planning permission. In March 2006 most of it burned down overnight (http://www.sheffieldforum.co.uk/showthread.php?t=93874). As I write this, the old (listed) part of the building stands forlorn, while its 1802 sundial seems to be trying to ignore the developments behind the building, for it's now a building site. So it looks as if planning permission for flats may have been approved.

In the 1950s, the annual "Dial House Children's Outing" was something that local kids looked forward to, and at school we would speculate as to whether it would be Cleethorpes, Skegness or Bridlington. How times change...

P.S. - I knew I had a photo somewhere; taken about three weeks ago: http://i169.photobucket.com/albums/u219/twigmore/DialHouse-1.jpg

[quote=hillsbro;3641184

you also described it as paradise. And I wouldn't call people names.

hillsbro, according to the dictionary, Paradise means a place of extreme happiness or beauty, also another word for heaven, the Greek word for it is paradeisos, meaning garden, where did I go wrong ?

I didn't call you names, you said you were a banker, loosen up, I think you put the Horse before the Jockey, that would be a good name for a pub,lol.

Are you anywhere near Torksey ?

higuys i moved to Scarborough last year i would not knock Sheffield thers a lot of building goiing on in town i lived in the so called rough areas of the city pitsmoor shiregreen and brought up in grimesthorpe skippy just up the road from your missis and if you think sheffields bad what about them poor buggers that live in LEEDS from one dedor to another