Why should I drink real ale?

Tony

Do you know any of these names? I wouldn't mind trying it out to be honest.

Come along the next meet at the Rawson Spring, Bago - I'd be delighted to introduce you to a real ale or two.

• 2 weeks later...

CASK ALES this weekend, on guest, Shepherd Neame SPITFIRE, a fine brew from the hop fields of kent.....award winning OTTER Ale from Devon, the very yummy CELT GOLDEN Ale, plus Newcastle's excellant RADGIE GADGIE......come and try them out, exclusive to us in Sheffield in most cases at the moment

usual regular ales to, HOBGOBLIN, a real treat of a dark beer, BLACK SHEEP, and JOHN SMITHS Cask Ale, not forgetting the top selling BOMBADIER, from Charles Wells brewery.

Delicious.....

• 1 month later...

Delighted to see Ruddles County making a bit of a comeback.

Had a pint in the Ladybower Inn last Sunday and then came across it again in the Waggon and Horses in Millhouses. The latter pint was on top form.

A decent beer well worth checking out. (I came across it around 18 years ago but it seemed to gradually disappear from our pubs.)

THE DOVE + RAINBOW ROCK BAR, SHEFFIELD, UK

Unusual Website, the blue words seem to come out of the screen at you.

yeah I changed it all recently and set up my own webserver it is so easy to do... Was fed up with server downtime on my last host, messing about with ftp software and login passwords, etc...Cant be bothered with fancy code and php, there is nothing wrong with good old fashioned HTML....too many sites are so over complicated magazine type layouts and I hate them...I like to see straightforward text, a handful of images, a pretty background, and the off fancy mp3 player or slide show script......

• 1 month later...

Real Ale sales are still going up as compared to other products across the UK, so why not try some for yourself if you are one of the few people who have not done so yet. There has never been so many to choose from all over the city. We have the selection below, and you will find many other brands around town too......ENJOY!

CURRENT RESIDENT ALES

John Smiths Cask, Wychwood Hobgoblin, Kelham Island Easy Rider, Adnams Bitter

CURRENT GUEST ALES

Wychwood Wytchcraft Ale, Pendle Witches Brew, Hydes Bells + Whistles, St Austell Tribute, Courage Best Bitter, Butcombe Gold Ale, Cornish Mutiny, Everards Equinox

To find out MORE about each of those ales, go to our web page and follow the links on each brand to the brewery websites, for full descriptions, tasting notes, etc.....

So much more than a pint of bland super chilled keg lager!!!!

Archived