Why should I drink real ale?

Tony

You should Drink Real Ale:

because it actually tastes of something!, because there are festivals all around the country some of which have 100s to chose from.

It is reasonably priced and it much easier to find now as it is becoming more popular!

Plus it won't give you a horrid hangover like lager does because they don't put s**tloads of chemicals in it to make it taste of something! (see also Magners and Bulmers, Never seen an apple!)

And Magnera.. "Traditional Irish Cider??????????????????"

What did they do with the apple concentate before the brand took off?

If anyone's thinking of taking the plunge and giving real ale a try, Wetherspoon's are currently holding a beer festival with a vast range of different guest beers at either £1.49 or £1.59 a pint! If you're not sure which beer to try you can also have 3 third-pint samples for the same price.

I know that opinions vary on Wetherspoons amongst the real ale fraternity, but if you go to one of the better ones (in Sheffield the Benjamin Huntsman on Cambridge Street rather than the Bankers Draft) you should find something interesting!

http://www.jdwetherspoon.co.uk/news/?Submit=View&Submit=View&CurrentPage=1&PageLength=10&SearchNews=&Tag=News&SearchPub=&Desc=&NewsArticleId=18882#news-articles

tastes wrong! much prefer lager!

If you mean genuine foreign lagers, that's fine. If however you mean the fizzy pop brewed in the UK such as Carlsberg, Heineken, Stella etc, you're wrong. You don't actually prefer it - you've just been conned into thinking you do by a combination of advertising and peer pressure. :rolleyes:

If you mean genuine foreign lagers, that's fine. If however you mean the fizzy pop brewed in the UK such as Carlsberg, Heineken, Stella etc, you're wrong. You don't actually prefer it - you've just been conned into thinking you do by a combination of advertising and peer pressure. :rolleyes:

And also, the 'extra cold' con used by manufacturers to ensure that their 'fizzy pop' lager products are served closed to freezing point, numbing the taste buds so you can't tell what a lot of cat **** you are drinking......if you don't believe me, try normal lager served at room temperature....it really does taste of cat ****

I've not heard of cask lager before. Would that be stuff like Warsteiner etc. that you get in places like the Dev Cat? I prefer real ale but sometimes a good lager really hits the spot.

There is a real lager called Haviestoun Schiehallion, from Scotland.

Archived