Why should I drink real ale?

Tony

• 1 month later...
It ought to be, it makes the breath not a very attractive thing to smell.

What are you talking about? My breath smells fine after I have had Real Ale, you want to worry about your breath drinking that keg stuff.

What are you talking about? My breath smells fine after I have had Real Ale, you want to worry about your breath drinking that keg stuff.

Not sure about that. The last pint of keg I had tasted like mouthwash to me.

Hm.. I have to say, I also see beer as food too, and I normally go for the taste rather than the alcohol. I don't drink very much mind.

I used to think why would anyone drink beer cos it tastes so horrible! My first "beer" was San Miguel as a kid. ;) Okay, not the proper beer in British sense, but it was very popular in HK. It's a great drink when its cold too cos it so darn hot over there.

Since then I've tried several other beer at room temperature and changed my mind. I was also very surprised at a pilsner that I had when in Prague. It was so light and refreshing. It doesn't have a heavy taste to it. The other thing that I encountered and changed my mind about ales and beers in general is when I went to the Guinness factory recently, and tried the taste of Guinness before the gas and froth was created, it tasted absolutely delicious! It wasn't smooth with lots of bubbles, but it also didn't have a very heavy taste to it either as I thought it would be.

It really opened my eyes to how much taste you can get before the gas was added, and the lightness of the ale(?)

Some people say that you can taste the difference in water, in that instance, I do believe the water in Dublin which makes guinness does taste different. Maybe its a marketing ploy... but I certainly think water can taste different.

Some people say that you can taste the difference in water, in that instance, I do believe the water in Dublin which makes guinness does taste different. Maybe its a marketing ploy... but I certainly think water can taste different.

Yes I agree. Water is very important. That is why people buy Evian and Buxton water. Folks import water from all over the globe.

Then on the other hand you get brewers who think that they can brew fake foreign beers over here using local water supplies. It doesn't work unless you can con a gulible public, many of whom couldn't give a **** as long as its advertised on the box.

Archived