Cremorne, London Road..Closed?

ScampyG

Well. it is only a small, family run place. That's why we go there - it's friendly and away from the maddening crowd, so I suppose you've got to pay the price sometimes. Everyone needs a holiday.

I did point out to the landlord that next time he fancies taking a break I'm quite happy to look after the keys for a few days, but he didn't seem too keen.

Funny that.

Originally posted by AndrewC

lol, fancy closing a pub on a main street for the purposes of a holiday. - alfie moon would have got someone in to cover, like tracy.

I don't think that's unusual at all. January is by far the quietest period for pubs. When I used to do PAs for rock bands, and Karaoke, we were often not asked to do any in January. And besides The Cremone is in the middle of a massive group of pubs, nobody is going to be put out that much if it closes for a week.

January amy be a quiet month but the pub does a roaring trade in summer.

If you try to drive down that part of London Road at, say, 8pm on a summer Friday or Saturday, there are drinkers spilling into the road outside every boozer.

It can get quite frightening.

Doesn't the Cremorne have a big archway if you turn off the sideroad from London Road?

I thought there were plans to extend into that part of the building.

Archived