Photographs Of Sheffield Pubs

I have been putting together a website of Sheffield pubs past and present.

http://www.sheffieldpubs.fsnet.co.uk

Loads of people have helped me on this but I still need information and photographs of pubs.

If you can help send jpeg images to pictures@sheffieldpubs.fsnet.co.uk

Preserve this information for posterity so that others can enjoy it

THANKS

I have been putting together a website of Sheffield pubs past and present.

http://www.sheffieldpubs.fsnet.co.uk

Loads of people have helped me on this but I still need information and photographs of pubs.

If you can help send jpeg images to pictures@sheffieldpubs.fsnet.co.uk

Preserve this information for posterity so that others can enjoy it

THANKS

No Magnet pub on there :huh:

No Magnet pub on there :huh:

Not big on accuracy, is it?

Some Mostly very out of date and innaccurate information.

No Vulcan on Northern Avenue mentioned, nor has it been updated in three or four years, same as the Fellbrigg, on the corner of Arbourthorne road and Park Grange Road is still listed as being an operational pub, yet it's been the Beacon church building for a good three to four years at least, now.

Also the photograph of the Captive Queen on Guildford Ave is shown as it is today, a church, not as it was when it was a pub, but all the info you get is "the pub is shut"... not that "much money was spent converting it into a church.."

The Horse And Lion has been listed as being on "Norfolk Park Road":- it's nowhere NEAR NPR!!! It's on Park Grange Road, and has been for over forty flippin years!

The Jervis Lumb is not mentioned.

the lansdowne is listed as being demolished in 1990:- the damn thing was demolished when I was at school! Definitely no later than the early to mid eighties!

The Cross Guns/ Tuxedo Blue is listed as a pub, and it's quite some time since the building was converted into the Sharrow Surestart Childrens Centre.

The Nelson is still listed as the Latino, again, not been known as that for some years

No mention of the Scottish Queen on Park Hill flats, nor the one on the shops there, the ?Earl George? (and which braindead wally did this person get the information off, that the PHF were going to be blown up? the PHF are a flaming listed building, FGS!)

If Classic Rock were to see the entry for her old pub (now demolished) I think she'd have a fit, as it's still listed as the Jolly bufer, not CRB, never mind that the place has, sadly, been demolished for ages! (not to mention according to the site, the wards' brewery is "recently closed!" ) jeesh!

The Devonshire arms on Ecclesall road seems to have mysteriously morphed into the one at Dore... :huh::loopy::huh:

these errors/ omissions are jsut at a first glance!

About the only accurate comment, regarding this site, is that it has listed the names of some Sheffield pubs...

Not really impressed

Archived