Photographs Of Sheffield Pubs

You are, what's known as, a gem, muddy. You should get a book going with these shots, because the way Sheffield's going nowadays, there ain't going to be much left in a few more years.

The Brown Cow. They've really tarted that up (or down) haven't they? I remember that it had a facade similar to the Anchor, a kind of mock brownstone effect, a bit smooth like marble. Pretty good beer though, Wards I believe.

There was another pub across the road on what would've been on the bottom of the Bank, called the 'Ball', sold Shipstones. It was brilliant if it was looked after, but if not, like sour milk.

What a shame you weren't around before they obliterated the Marshall Tavern (Bacon Box) up the Bank.

You are, what's known as, a gem, muddy. You should get a book going with these shots, because the way Sheffield's going nowadays, there ain't going to be much left in a few more years.

The Brown Cow. They've really tarted that up (or down) haven't they? I remember that it had a facade similar to the Anchor, a kind of mock brownstone effect, a bit smooth like marble. Pretty good beer though, Wards I believe.

There was another pub across the road on what would've been on the bottom of the Bank, called the 'Ball', sold Shipstones. It was brilliant if it was looked after, but if not, like sour milk.

What a shame you weren't around before they obliterated the Marshall Tavern (Bacon Box) up the Bank.

You are kind Texas.

I look at it this way. There is no point worrying about what has already gone, just record what is there now as today is tommorow's history. As you can see from my website, I have done a comprehensive study of all the remaining old cinema buildings in the City and I was really annoyed that I never got the ABC and the Gaumont.

Archived