Walnut Club at Crystal......Now open

theripsaw

i'm one of the 2 chefs that work here, we have now introduced a new menu to run alongside the original one, ith has a lovely array of new dishes with some nice fish meals, red mullet, scallops and sea bass. all our food is made fresh each day, including the bread which is made by us at the begining of each shift. The food used is fesh and of top quality i can assure you.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Went last Saturday evening and were the only table eating the restaurant was totally empty. However they had put on a do downstairs with a buffet and that was packed.

Meal was brilliant had the scallop starter, duck main and a totally brilliant tasty brownie with creme anglaise that was blooooddddyyy lovely. highley recommended.

• 2 months later...

Walnut Club @ Crystal - A group of Seven of us went on the 29th November 08. Found it difficult to get to make a booking, in the first place. We were told only two service times 7pm or 9pm, we opted for the early time. Arrived at Crystal 6.45 place was still closed. When we got in there was No heating on and the place was freezing cold. We were assured it would soon warm up. It did not. We sat in our outdoor coats all through service. Nothing special and not a patch on Ecclesall Rd. We were the only dinners and it looked as if they were not expecting very many more for the later sitting. I have written to the Management of the Walnut Club but have not received a reply to date. My advice keep away from the place.

Archived