Real inflation: An SF real world study

It seems that fewer people believe the published inflation rate so I wondered what SF'ers experiences are.

What rate of inflation are you encountering in your day to day life?

Wages?

Gas bills?

Rent?

Food?

School fees?

Insurance?

Petrol?

Anything else... ?

It seems that fewer people believe the published inflation rate so I wondered what SF'ers experiences are.

What rate of inflation are you encountering in your day to day life?

Wages?

Gas bills?

Rent?

Food?

School fees?

Insurance?

Petrol?

Anything else... ?

Rod license up 25%,I know a lot of you will say good but a lot of people get a lot of pleasure from fishing.

Petrol is hitting me really badly. Over 33% higher than four years ago.

Car insurance has gone up too.

Gas bill jumpted £15 per month.

Moving to local/fair trade/ organic food and local shopping increases food bills.

But, wage rise 2.4%

Food prices have gone sky high, again thats the oil, we have to pay more now for deliveries, just read where long distance truck drivers (that own their own trucks) have just quit there jobs, sold their vehicles ,they can't afford to fill up .

Food has increased a fair bit in the past few months - I'm really struggling to afford it as I'm on a very tight budget - £50/month used to easily do me, now I'm finding it difficult to keep it to £60-£65 (and I mainly buy "loss leaders").

Petrol obviously gone up a lot (although my car insurance has dropped £20/month this year).

My rent has stayed pretty much the same although the standard of my accommodation has gone down.

Wages haven't gone up this year.

I'm really struggling!

Sheffield Council Tax +4% this year.

Sheffield Star 31 March

band D council tax increased by 70 per cent over the last 10 years but police and fire precepts went up from £79 to £165 - a 109 per cent increase.

Groceries +12%

Telegraph 16 January

Official figures showed wholesale food prices rose by 7.4 per cent in the past 12 months - more than three times the headline rate of inflation.

The rate of food price inflation is making life increasingly difficult for the millions of families

The increase - the highest since the Office for National Statistics (ONC) began keeping records in 1992 - has driven the cost of a consumer's average basket of groceries up by 12 per cent in a year.

Archived