Tonights gig at Corporation

Twiglet

Was anyone else on here there?

I thought Fightstar were excellent considering the absolutely appauling reaction from some of the crowd when they came on stage. It was disgusting.

I was also extremely teed off with those (insert rude name of choice here) that started a pretty hectic fight that resulted in me almost being crushed against a wall and having half a pint of vodka and redbull tipped over my head. I mean, they could have waited until I had my vodka and soda at least then it wouldn't have been so damn sticky. This is why over 18 age limits should be had.

I was also pretty peeved at not being allowed to take a camera in.

But despite all of that they played damn well. I was impressed anyway.

(You may be able to tell from their lack of mention that I wasn't so keen on Yourcodenameis:milo. To be honest I got a bit bored there).

I went.

I was a bit scared at first with it being my first time at Corp and it being Fightstar and knowing that there'd been plans to boycott it, but I just remembered that I'd heard the crowd is normally quite young there anyway, and I felt much better when I was there!

I only stayed in for Fightstar - I didn't quite know what to expect from them either. I'd just heard their new single on the tv and I've heard some stuff off their website. Their music's not quite my style, but they were good. I don't know if I'm just saying that because I like Busted and it's Charlie. I think I would have enjoyed the performance even more if I'd have known the songs.

I wanted to see them as I am a fan of Busted. I have always enjoyed their sound but not always so keen on their lyrics, and I've always thought they could be much better if/when they matured. I wanted to see how different Fightstar are from Busted, and just see how much 'better' it would be seeing as Charlie is doing something that he enjoys and the reason he left the band.

I met him round the back after, and although, as well as my self and my friend, there were about 5 14 year olds dressed in mini skirts and fur boots shouting "oh my god, Charlie!!!" I've never seen him so happy to stop for fans and sign for them. I've seen Busted several times and met Charlie about 3 times before and he was much happier on Friday night.

He seemed much happier on stage too, despite the booing.

As for the fight, wasn't it just some guys sort of moshing (I don't know the proper word for it), where they make a space in the crowd and jump into each other?

Archived