Have you lied on your CV?

Have you faked stuff in your CV?  

12 members have voted

1. 1. Have you faked stuff in your CV?

• Yes
    • No

Yes, I had to OMITT my masters as I could not get a crappy job (through ag agency) by putting my masters on the bloody thing.....after I graduated. I know of many people ho have got jobs by putting a load of cobblers down....the employer rarley checks as it would be a logistical nighmare.....I'm not advocating that anyone else should though ....is omitting still lying?

Originally posted by Tony Ruscoe

No :P I've never had to... yet!

I haven't either - it's tricky to blag your way through an IT interview now that companies often include written and practical tests as part of the process!

And besides, I would not like anything to damage the sacred bond between employer and employee.

I do get $@*^ed off when people lie on their CV and get jobs that a better qualified, but more honest person, would otherwise get.

I hope the liars all burn in Hell

Originally posted by Abby

I do get $@*^ed off when people lie on their CV and get jobs that a better qualified, but more honest person, would otherwise get.

Its not all about qualifications though, experience and the abilty to apply the learning is more important IMHO

Originally posted by mikey

Its not all about qualifications though, experience and the abilty to apply the learning is more important IMHO

Too true. I know a guy who left school without a single qualification. He got a job in a bank and started at the bottom. He is now manager of a bank in another country.

Originally posted by Lickszz

Too true. I know a guy who left school without a single qualification. He got a job in a bank and started at the bottom. He is now manager of a bank in another country.

Well I know someone who left school with no GCSEs / O levels.

He went onto become Prime Minister.

And the answer for ten points is...

Archived