Wolf whistling, is it wrong?

I heard on the news today that building firm Wimpey are banning their workforce from the age old art of the wolf whistle. They state they feel it's outdated and inappropiate.

For god's sake, where will this end?

Are women really insulted by this? As i'd have thought they'd be rather flattered, as long as no lewd comments followed. Anyone else feel this is another overreaction by the PC brigade?

Speaking for the fairer sex, it would make my day to get whistled at - it's only a bit of fun!

I'm with Sultana on this on. It's a bit of fun and always has been.

Plus if someone whistles at me it's a serious bonus!!!!! :hihi:

Anyone else feel this is another overreaction by the PC brigade?

It's not an 'overreaction'. It's part of a calculated cultural Marxist programme of attacking all the traditional structures and customs of society - especially anything white or male dominated. I gather chatting up the bar maid may become off limits as well!

It's all so 20th Century... :)

I think it depends upon the context - if teh wolf-whistle is just that, I can see it as being mostly harmless; if it's buried in cat-calls and 'banter' then the builders shouldn't mind if they get a lump of rubble thrown at them in return. :)

Are women really insulted by this? As i'd have thought they'd be rather flattered, as long as no lewd comments followed. Anyone else feel this is another overreaction by the PC brigade?

Complete over reaction!

Women love it, it always puts a smile on our faces even if you turn round and see a fat smelly bum crack sticking out of their trousers.