Wolf whistling, is it wrong?

I don't find it flattering at all. It just seems moronic.

What's wrong with a smile and a nice greeting, or a bad joke to make me laugh?

I think it's time people stopped wolf whistling and harassing women in public.

It would be nice not to have to avoid certain places and people, and feel uncomfortable when I am going about my daily business.

I don't find it flattering at all. It just seems moronic.

What's wrong with a smile and a nice greeting, or a bad joke to make me laugh?

I think it's time people stopped wolf whistling and harassing women in public.

It would be nice not to have to avoid certain places and people, and feel uncomfortable when I am going about my daily business.

Because now, in ever increasing circles, that is also classed as harassment. The man must seek permission first to even interact in any way. Holding a door open for a woman is classed as sexist by some feminists and SJWs.

Then again, not finding someone attractive is now classed as discrimination to some people...

I heard on the news today that building firm Wimpey are banning their workforce from the age old art of the wolf whistle. They state they feel it's outdated and inappropiate.

For god's sake, where will this end?

Are women really insulted by this? As i'd have thought they'd be rather flattered, as long as no lewd comments followed. Anyone else feel this is another overreaction by the PC brigade?

Personally I think it's crass, there are some women who are flattered by it but there are many more who are not. There are also women who are made to feel intimidated or humiliated by it, especially if it's a group of males doing the whistling/leering together.

I heard on the news today that building firm Wimpey are banning their workforce from the age old art of the wolf whistle. They state they feel it's outdated and inappropiate.

For god's sake, where will this end?

Are women really insulted by this? As i'd have thought they'd be rather flattered, as long as no lewd comments followed. Anyone else feel this is another overreaction by the PC brigade?

I'm surprised it's only just been banned :huh:

One thing to bear in mind, is that having noises/comments/actions directed at you in public when you're simply minding your own business walking from A to B- if they're one-offs, it may not cause too much annoyance.

When you're getting them multiple times a day, if can really have a bad effect on your mental health.

Personally I think it's crass, there are some women who are flattered by it but there are many more who are not. There are also women who are made to feel intimidated or humiliated by it, especially if it's a group of males doing the whistling/leering together.

And given that the whistlers can't tell somehow whether they're going to upset someone, they simply shouldn't do it.

It's inappropriate that any stranger on the street make any kind of comment, gesture or noise about other strangers appearance.

---------- Post added 22-11-2017 at 15:55 ----------

I cannot see anything wrong with Woolf whistling. Come on now, lighten up a bit. :roll:

The fact that other women have told you that they find it offensive or intimidating or unpleasant isn't enough for you to see anything wrong with it?

And given that the whistlers can't tell somehow whether they're going to upset someone, they simply shouldn't do it.

It's inappropriate that any stranger on the street make any kind of comment, gesture or noise about other strangers appearance.

---------- Post added 22-11-2017 at 15:55 ----------

The fact that other women have told you that they find it offensive or intimidating or unpleasant isn't enough for you to see anything wrong with it?

Have you been wolf whistled Cyclone?

Hasn't she already said that she finds nothing wrong with it?

Just because it offends someone else, doesn't mean Pattricia has to be offended by it too.

Some people are offended by jokes about the McCanns, comments about football teams, or any other number of things.

Because one or a group of people are offended, doesn't mean everyone has to be.