Meadowhall Retail Park car parking megathread

same thing!!! If you over stay then you should be prepared to pay the fixed fine, council of private!!! or you could stick your head in the sand!!
It's not sticking my head in the sand, I know it will go away if I ignore it because the parking companies won't risk losing a court case as it will set a precedent and that is how civil law works. If the overstay penalties were a reasonable amount I might pay but they often charge more than a motorist would pay for a "proper" dangerous offence such as careless driving and demand money with menaces when they don't have a court judgement. The fact that some people think that is reasonable is just playing into the hands of these bullies.

yet again we succumb to the giant multinationals that tread us into the ground whilst running their way to making millions of pounds in profits....

wake up and smell the bull people...

surely for the parking companies to be enforcing restrictions, they have been invited by meadowhall plc...they dont do it out of good will..they are being paid and instructed to do this...

do as i have in the case of rotherham town centre...and boycott the areas...with a well publicised boycott the company will soon realise how much money they are losing and the retailers in turn will pressure them to remove the parking resrictions.....

all too often we lay back and take it up the a..r..e whilst complaining about how unfair we are being treated by society....POWER TO THE PEOPLE..STAND UP AND ACT!!

BOYCOT THEM...there are plenty of other retailers that will welcome your business...try vue at doncaster..unlimited parking!!

:thumbsup:

• 1 month later...

I am at this stage now, I notice your post was from a while back, what has occured since? I am very eager to know so I know what, if anything, to do next.

Thanks in advance

Sorry thought my reply would appear under newvanandman's post. I am at the stage of recieving the official looking letter on yellow paper. Question, has anyone out there or does anyone know of someone who has been taken further in this action with G24 re: meadowhall retail park?

• 1 month later...

I took my girlfriend out last Saturday night for valentines... we went to pizza hut and had a nice meal then we went to the cinema. I parked outside toys r us, the car park was heaving, maybe there was somthing on at the arena like usual? ... Anyway we arrived at 7.23pm and left at 11pm and today, Friday 20th i get a letter telling me i've got a £50 fine for parking longer than 3hrs ... on the way out of the cinema we had to walk in the road because of the idiots who park on the pavements even though there are double yellow lines. The point i'm making is i parked my car and spent money in the resteraunt and cinema, which especially in the current climate is supporting local buisnesses, i didn't cause anyone any disruption with my car unlike the idiots that block the pavements every weekend and i get fined, where is the justice in that? ... How would the buisnesses on the retail park and centertainment like it if they were boycotted? i'm so mad i feel like getting some flyers printed and spending a couple of weekends handing them out warning people of the risks. I wouldn't mind if i'd left my vehicle there and caught the tram into the city but it was supposed to be a nice evening out without the kids ... next time i'll stop at home :rant: if they made the car park pay and display with a ticket refund when you use the surrounding facilities surely it would stop all this nonsense:mad:

I took my girlfriend out last Saturday night for valentines... we went to pizza hut and had a nice meal then we went to the cinema. I parked outside toys r us, the car park was heaving, maybe there was somthing on at the arena like usual? ... Anyway we arrived at 7.23pm and left at 11pm and today, Friday 20th i get a letter telling me i've got a £50 fine for parking longer than 3hrs ... on the way out of the cinema we had to walk in the road because of the idiots who park on the pavements even though there are double yellow lines. The point i'm making is i parked my car and spent money in the resteraunt and cinema, which especially in the current climate is supporting local buisnesses

But you didn't park in the car park for the entertainment park - but the retail park?

If the retail park shops are closed then surely the Centertainment management need to do some kind of deal with the owners of the retail park car park in order to keep up business and keep cars of the double yellows.

I am at this stage now, I notice your post was from a while back, what has occured since? I am very eager to know so I know what, if anything, to do next.

Thanks in advance

Sorry thought my reply would appear under newvanandman's post. I am at the stage of recieving the official looking letter on yellow paper. Question, has anyone out there or does anyone know of someone who has been taken further in this action with G24 re: meadowhall retail park?

look on pepipoo it's full of similar stories, the fact it's contract law (a civil matter) very interesting. only fines are enforcable with a court order and it is up to the parking company to prove all matters. besides it looks unenforcable under the unfair contract in law (as in £80 is unreasonable ammount to charge for an hours parking and they are only entitled to damages for trespass)

The other week my friend went to toys r us and parked in the car park (which he assumed was free) at around 8pm. The car park was practically empty.

He then went to the cinema with his daughter, came back to the car and drove off.

Today he has received a fine (with photographic evidence) showing that he stayed for 3 hours and 8 mins. Apparently you are only allowed to park here for 3 hours free of charge. For staying 8 mins longer than he should he has been fined £95 or £75 if he pays it within 7 days.

This is not council run but a company based down south.

My friend is not an idiot and he always accepts personally responsibility for his actions, but what he would like to know is that is the signage explaining this 3 hour limit plainly on display because he can’t remember seeing any?

Also, he has searched on the internet and a lot of people have complained about this company because everybody seems to be fined for being exactly 8 mins over due. But then again this just be co-incidence.

Anyway, any feedback would be appreciated.

yes its true a lot of kfc car parks have them as well now i know i work on the equipment they use and been done even at work