Meadowhall Retail Park car parking megathread

Indeed - anyone prepared to spend more than an hour in that hell-hole must be a very sad person or perhaps a masochist :D

Whether or not you want to spend 3 hours at meadowhall is not really the issue here. How can the fine you £95 for spending 3 hours there - so you cant see a film and go for some food??? Is this in operation? they have cameras that spy on your tax disk when you enter the car park so I guess they can have a similar system for people staying longer than 3hours.

this was enforced a few years back. It was to stop people parking there for free and then catching the tram into town.

They argued that it's a shopping centre not a park and ride stop.

Looks like they are having another go

Think it's a bit sloppy of the Star letting this letter go through, Meadowhall doesn't have a 3 hour time limit on parking, it's Meadowhall Retail Park that is now enforcing it.

The letter writer will be somebody else who only listens to half a story.

Think it's a bit sloppy of the Star letting this letter go through, Meadowhall doesn't have a 3 hour time limit on parking, it's Meadowhall Retail Park that is now enforcing it.

My sentiments exactly, when I heard bout the letter in The Star, the 1st thing I did was call Meadowhall Customer services, who put me straight immediately. Think (before putting pen to paper) I'd have checked it out first ..................

Star in sloppy reporting shocker :o