Meadowhall Retail Park car parking megathread

Magistrates work in Magistrates courts,not county courts.

Unless you let them KNOW who was driving and admit to it,you wont get a court summons,although you will get papers that pretend to be.Court papers will be stamped by a court everything else is to be treated with humour and thrown in a draw.

I suggest anyone with any doubt goes to http://www.pepipoo.com and have a good read on these jokers.

Your right, an Australian website confused me with that. It's a judge in the county court in England, which is a higher position than magistrate who requires no legal qualifications.

Nothing to stop them filing the papers against the owner of the vehicle, nothing at all.

well i remember reading this thread did not read any of your posting but then this morning we got up to the post man knocking on the door handed us a letter opened it its a fine from the retail park.

we went to comet to look at pcs then went to pc world we spent 2 hours in pc world then we bought a laptop and a pc only problem was the pc was the last one in the shop so we had to wait for the pc to be reformatted so they said it will take about a hour to do why dont you go get some thing to eat or drink at mac D or pizza hut so we did a bit of shopping at aldi while we waited went back hour later wasnt ready we sat in our car getting frustrated waiting for it to be finished 2 hours later the pc was finally ready after my partner went in and said this is a joke you told me a hour not over 2 hours, so after our wait plans to do other stuff we had planed went down the drain.

so we have phoned this company up told them what we was doing there all this time and they just said send us a copy of the recites and it will be sorted. now the problem we are going to see is we paid for our goods 2 hours before waiting for it been sorted so lets see what happens, but there is no way we are going to pay this. and we did not see any signs why would you look for a sign saying limited 3 hours in a retail park you just wouldnt look.

You might be better getting a letter from the manager of PC World as well to help your case.

This is what happens when you build a leisure facility too close to a shopping one. It's the same in Wigan and Warrington and Bolton, with the rugby and football grounds next to retail parks. Even Man City's ground is a two minute walk from an Asda hypermarket.

I can see their point of view, I'd be hacked off if my customers couldn't do their shopping because someone is watching a film or a match in a different facillity.

This is the process of letters from these people all designed to scare you into paying up.

Dont pay just ignore,

This was from another site but its a good example of these low lifes antics.

I too am in the G24 system having 1st received a "charge Certificate" from G24 for alledgly over staying at Meadowhall Retail park at Sheffield on 26th March 2008.They asked for £95 reduced to £75 if paid within 28 days.

It showed 2 pics of a car 1st pic showing correct reg number on a road that could have been taken anywhere, as there were'nt any disguishing features on the road & 2nd pic of the back of a car but not showing any reg number!!.

After spending some time reading this forum in March I decided to ignore the letter & and further letters.

I have now received the following to date :-

Charge Certifcate - 1st April - G24

Final Reminder - 17th April - G24

CCS letter asking for payment & threatening court action - 12th May - CCS

CCS letter begging to be paid "ignoring us will not work"......."please pay the debt that you owe now, or call & talk to us" - 2nd June - CCS

CCS Final Notice letter stating that PCN £95 + County Court Costs £40 = £135, but if I pay within 48 hrs its only £95 otherwise G24 may proceed through the county court - 23rd June - CCS

Letter from "Charles Howard & Partners" a "Pre Legal Notification" that my account ? has been passed to them from their associate company CCS Ltd(they share the same postal address!!) They say that unless I contact them on a phone number (which just so happens to be the same number as CCS) or pay the debt, may result in Enforcement action via the county court, then go on to say my credit record would be damaged - 8th July.Last letter looked more important than the rest - it is printed on yellow paper, got me a little worried, but having read it several times & also re-read this forum, I have yet again decided to ignore.

The Advice is IGNORE all letters despite their scary appearance,they are designed that way to make the weak and ignorent pay up,whilst they know they havnt a hope in hell of taking you to court and winning,IF you ignore them!

And if you didnt pick up on it

Charles Howard & Partners is a trading style of CCS Ltd", in other words that it is the same company.

You might be better getting a letter from the manager of PC World as well to help your case.

That is our next step if they dont accept what we was doing there. i no we will be going stright in pc world and saying sort this out its your fault we was there 4 hours not ours.

A quick note about reasonable and appropriate

If you parked on the double yellow lines all round the meadowhall / arena / don valley area, the fine would be £60, reduced to £30 for quick pay

A FREE car park in the same area cannot surely justify any charge higher. If this were to be accepted practice, I vote we all park on the yellows and let's see if things change

Meanwhile, don't pay... I agree with that... If they really wanted me to stay out of the car park, it would say NO CINEMA PARKING, CAMERAS IN USE, MAX STAY 3 Hrs in bold writing where you can't miss it

Instead, they're part hiding their terms because they WANT to fine you, they want your money, not your parking space... it's a scam by any definition

well we did not notice any sign why would we in a retail park where there is at least 3 to 4 hours shopping with all the shops there and food places.

why dont they do what most stores do give a token out at the shop if u purchase some thing from there instead of trying to rob us blind with there stupid amounts and not visible signs. they are the ones that need to be took to court not us.