Meadowhall Retail Park car parking megathread

No warning is given that signs have been put up.

Do I need to repeat that again?

If the signs are not prominent, then yes, you've probably got a case (it's not the case at the retail park though). Reasonableness would be down to a magistrate to decide.

No warning is given that signs have been put up.

Do I need to repeat that again?

If the signs are not prominent, then yes, you've probably got a case (it's not the case at the retail park though). Reasonableness would be down to a magistrate to decide.

Magistrate??? County courts dont have them.

It also makes no difference if the sign was on your windscreen,they still wouldnt take you to court,and if they did properly defended would lose thats why they dont.

They pray on people who have more money than sense.

Has anyone else had a parking ticket for parking or Civil Traffic Enforcement Notice as it states in red along the top of the letter, for parking in the retail park? I got one in the post last night for parking there last wed nite (tried to part at centertainment for the cinema but no spaces and as usual people double parked everywhere, so i thought i'd park in the retail park)

You are allowed to stay for 180mins i was there for 203 mins and recieved a picture of me arriving (and the time) and leaving (and the time) along with a note saying i need to pay £50 within 28 days or £25 within 14 days!! crazy!! I only went for food, a beer and cinema, and now have to stump up £25.

You get fined for parking in the retail park but using centretainment which is not realted to them.

If you have a search on here (ideally before you post) you'll find a huge thread about this already with advice on what to do with the ticket (basically it's not enforceable and many people ignore them).

• 1 month later...

I've just got a letter through this morning from G24 who own meadowhall retail park car park saying i was parked there for 196mins on 19th may and u can only park there free for 180mins. Charge is £50 within 28days or £25 within 14days...doesn't say anything about if you don't pay though :S