Meadowhall Retail Park car parking megathread

But if you are parked in the Retail car park but go to Centretainment is that not like someone parking on your drive but visiting your neighbour? :suspect:

I don't know. If they are treated as two distinct units then yes, it is.

People who go to Aldi have cars? :o

Yeah but at 8pm at night you are not stopping trade going to the stores!

IMO It's a silly rule that should not have a time limit on it at night. I've left my car down there a couple of times overnight so i can have a drink and then gone back for it the next morning.

#

I go to Aldi, I have a car. Need the car to take all the bargains home in. end of!

Say you can't remember who was driving and ask them for a copy of the photo.

Advising people to pervert the course of justice could land both you, and they, in jail. It's also against forum rules.

We already KNOW that the OP knows who was driving. They told us.

Maybe the Centertainment businesses should group together and, as someone else said, have a validated ticket to show you used their venue. Then when it comes to leaving the car park, you'd show an attendant at the exit your ticket, and you'd exit for free. Those that have been at the Arena and parked for free would have to pay a fee (say £2, or whatever the Arena Car Park charges), then maybe this would deter Arena people from parking where they shouldn't (there are signs to say that, but just get ignored).

If that happened, then the Centertainment users wouldn't have to use the Retail Park Car Park...

It must be a recent change though, as up until the turn of the year i've parked in the Retail Park while at the cinema (with many others) and not had any charges... will certainly be aware of it in future though.

Advising people to pervert the course of justice could land both you, and they, in jail. It's also against forum rules.

We already KNOW that the OP knows who was driving. They told us.

However you are not legally required to tell third parties who that was. You could only pervert the course of justice if a legally empowered agency or a court asked you who was driving and you lied.

Do not pay,Do not pay! this is no more than an invoice.

go to http://www.pepipoo.com and have a read.they have no legal standing whatsoever.Do not respond keep all letters.They WILL go away.

I'm glad someone finally said this, good grief how stupid can people get, its a private company on private land, its a charge made to look like a parking fine.

I had one from a proper traffic warden at the Asda car park, I just wrote in and said it wasn't legal as no 'offense' could take place unless it was on the public highway, they wrote me a letter apologizing for the mistake and that the warden would be 'spoken to'.

If you park in a private car park against the signs indicating what the conditions are and you get clamped then you're not in much of a position to argue about the legality are you (and clamping is legal if correctly signed).

Bull, just have a battery powered angle grinder in the car, cut it off and drive away.

"Firstly and most simply �" contractual penalties. When you park in the car park and over-stay or misuse the facilities in some way you breach your contract with the land owner. The terms state you will not overstay or misuse the facilities, these are terms on which your contract for parking is based, thus when you do something contrary to these terms you breach the contract. The common law holds that the remedy for breach of contract is damages. Therefore the land owner is entitled to damages covering the costs incurred as a result of your breaching the contract"

A direct quote from pepipo... now where does it say that its illegal to issue an invoice.

Willman you are wrong, there is no such thing in English Law as an 'implied contract' as is the case here, there's plenty of case law on the subject and no one has succeeded in enforcing what amounts to what many posters here have properly described as an 'INVOICE'.

I'm glad someone finally said this, good grief how stupid can people get, its a private company on private land, its a charge made to look like a parking fine.

I had one from a proper traffic warden at the Asda car park, I just wrote in and said it wasn't legal as no 'offense' could take place unless it was on the public highway, they wrote me a letter apologizing for the mistake and that the warden would be 'spoken to'.

Not sure of the full circ's in your case, but Asda Car Park could be defined as a Road under the Road Traffic Act and therefore certain offences dealt with. In simple terms any public (access at relevant time) route from A to B could be deemed a Road.

Maybe Asda apologised too early :hihi: