Meadowhall Retail Park car parking megathread

i think a £30 fine would be fair, the boss of excel/vcs has a certain lifestyle level he needs to fund by paying himself £400k )

Simon Renshaw Smith.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/x-ray/2012/02/mp-pursues-parking-problems.shtml

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?p=52777075

http://www.legalbeagles.info/forums/showthread.php?6760-Parking-fine-quashed-ticket-sent-out-to-quot-frighten-and-intimidate-quo

http://www.clearest.co.uk/news/2011/10/18/drivers_pay_price_as_trade_body_backs_excel%E2%80%99s_signs

Because some vehicle drivers are intimidated by the toilet paper issued by PPC's people like SR.Smith will continue to flourish, which is a pity.

The minute anyone mentions Excel Parking and Simon Renshaw Smith on SF the topic gets closed, why is this? Is Mr Renshaw Smith intimidating the owners of SF?

If that is indeed the case then I suggest you save at least the links I posted. Problem SR.Smith has is that all the adverse comments about him and his numerous companies is in the public domain.

Does he have ideas about closing down the www?

Nah, even Bill Gates is'nt that power hungry.

Better still, if Smithy and/or his trolls wants to post a defence of him and his companies' activities I'm sure we would give him a fair hearing.

Would'nt we?

• 1 month later...
Simples. It is a money making scam. The question is how many invoices do they issue and how many are paid? Currently about 75% of these unenforceable invoices are paid by motorists who do not realise they are being scammed by disreputable companies. The PPC's rely on scare tactics and on our inate sense of 'fair play' or 'I don't want to make a fuss' attitudes.

Never,never ever contact these parasites. Their 'Appeals Department' is usually a spotty scrote sitting at the other desk churning out 'Your appeal has been denied, now send us the money' letters. Before we kidnap your children or boil your cat. On paper with a nice red and white check border so you think it's an 'Official' letter that you must not ignore on pain of death.

(Only to your wallet)

No PPC has ever,ever won a properly defended case

:thumbsup:

just got one of these....for parking there at 11pm when the car park was effing empty! the muddy funsters! and those letters ARE intimidating. would have paid an all.....if i didn't have the knowledge of the wonderful peeps on SF :D:love:

:thumbsup:

just got one of these....for parking there at 11pm when the car park was effing empty! the muddy funsters! and those letters ARE intimidating. would have paid an all.....if i didn't have the knowledge of the wonderful peeps on SF :D:love:

Glad we are good for something:)

I know there are lots of threads about this subject but I just wanted some up to date information please.....

This morning my son received a 'contractual parking charge notice' for parking too long at Meadowhall Retail Park. The charge is for £50 but 'a reduced amount of £25 will be accepted' if he pays within 14 days. This is the first ticket he's had (and I'm sure he's learnt from this!) but all the previous threads on this subject suggest that this fine isn't enforceable and if he ignores it the fine will go away. Is that still correct?

Thanks a lot

Yawwwwwwwwwwwn

What are you supposed to do if you're watching a film that's longer than 3 hours?

You get a fine. (That happened to somebody I know recently. He and his friend missed the first showing of the film they wanted to see, waited for the next and his car spent 3hrs 10 mins in the car park.)

"That will be £50 for parking while you watched the film, Sir."

Perhaps people shouldn't patronise that cinema?

These demands for parking charges (I deliberately haven't put 'fines') play on our moral standards where we accept punishment for doing something wrong. If these charges are non enforceable why are they allowed to keep sending them out? I've told my son about this thread and the comments people are making advising him to ignore it but understandably he's apprehensive that the charges will go up and will escalate to hundreds of pounds. I can see why this company are making so much money!

4 letters max