Meadowhall Retail Park car parking megathread

The DPA gives you a the right to a copy of footage that you are in. So if you were in shot at the time then you have a fairly cast iron right to it, though the data controller may charge up to £10 for providing a copy.

If you weren't in shot then nothing prevents them from providing a copy anyway, it's just the DPA doesn't give the right. If they claim that they couldn't possibly provide a copy for spurious reasons like "data protection", that's not right.

The DPA gives you a the right to a copy of footage that you are in. So if you were in shot at the time then you have a fairly cast iron right to it, though the data controller may charge up to £10 for providing a copy.

If you weren't in shot then nothing prevents them from providing a copy anyway, it's just the DPA doesn't give the right. If they claim that they couldn't possibly provide a copy for spurious reasons like "data protection", that's not right.

the DPA gives you the right to ask if they have your image recorded, members of the public do not have a right to view or hold a copy of the said footage, It`s a common misconception that you can demand the recording.

We deal with these requests on a daily basis.

where abouts on the park was the incident?

Edited by gym_rat

the DPA gives you the right to ask if they have your image recorded, members of the public do not have a right to view or hold a copy of the said footage, It`s a common misconception that you can demand the recording.

We deal with these requests on a daily basis.

Such a common misconception that the The Information Commissioner's Office says the following?

"You have the right to see CCTV images of you and to ask for a copy of them. The organisation must provide them within 40 calendar days of your request"

http://www.ico.gov.uk/for_the_public/topic_specific_guides/cctv.aspx

Such a common misconception that the The Information Commissioner's Office says the following?

"You have the right to see CCTV images of you and to ask for a copy of them. The organisation must provide them within 40 calendar days of your request"

http://www.ico.gov.uk/for_the_public/topic_specific_guides/cctv.aspx

sorry, thats my bad at explaining - the above is correct, CCTV images of you ...........usually a still, not the footage of the incident as the OP is asking about

That's ANPR covering the entrance/exit to record number plates as they come and go. So it would prove the car was in the car part at the time but not that someone hit it.

OP - your insurer should be sorting all this out for you.

Hi All,

Thanks for the information,

I had come out of my parking bay just outside the B&M stores and was stationary on the main roadway in the car park.

The driver then reversed out of his bay into the side of my car without looking behind!!!

I'll see if I can contact the company who manages the retail park with regards to any CCTV footage.

• 6 months later...

What about Robin Hood Airport. I've received invoice/fine to pay for 'parking on double yellow line on private road'. It was before the barriers. They want me to pay £60 or £100 after 14 days. Should I pay or not?