Meadowhall Retail Park car parking megathread

Hi there -

Just opened a beautiful letter from G24.

A Saturday in January - we all know how awful centertainment can be for parking. However due to traffic we were running late to the cinema. I sent my girlfriend into centertainment to get the tickets and couldn't find somewhere to park. As we were eating later that night at Pizza Hut - I decided to throw the car into the retail park.

Sadly I overstayed by 4 minutes.

Like many others I struggled to see the signs. Since I have noticed there is one as you enter, however I decide to keep my eyes on the road while driving. And NONE where I actually placed the car. Or on the route throughout the car park. Just a further one before the turnoff for McDonalds which is almost unreadable.

Should I leave it - Await to see what occurs

Appeal it - Admit fault however send the pizza hut receipt (If I have it)

Pay it - just take it on the chin

Hi there -

Just opened a beautiful letter from G24.

A Saturday in January - we all know how awful centertainment can be for parking. However due to traffic we were running late to the cinema. I sent my girlfriend into centertainment to get the tickets and couldn't find somewhere to park. As we were eating later that night at Pizza Hut - I decided to throw the car into the retail park.

Sadly I overstayed by 4 minutes.

Like many others I struggled to see the signs. Since I have noticed there is one as you enter, however I decide to keep my eyes on the road while driving. And NONE where I actually placed the car. Or on the route throughout the car park. Just a further one before the turnoff for McDonalds which is almost unreadable.

Should I leave it - Await to see what occurs

Appeal it - Admit fault however send the pizza hut receipt (If I have it)

Pay it - just take it on the chin

Had the exact same ticket. I did it the other way round, ate at Pizza Hut and then went to the cinema not realising they are different car parks and also any time limits.

I argued the point stating I had used their services. Basically said as it's a free car park, by me being there you have no loss of earnings so can't claim for anything. In the end the relented and just said as a gesture of goodwill they will waive the ticket.

As I'm sure everyone else will tell you. Do not pay it!

---------- Post added 07-02-2017 at 13:26 ----------

Although, I think my PCN was with UKPC not G24 so don't no if they are any different in relenting?

This should be of interest to you:

"A difficult question for the BPA"

Posted on October 14, 2015 by Parking Cowboys

Whilst not providing much information about how UKPC had been investigated and disciplined, the BPAs recent press release contained details of changes to the BPA Code of Practice.

The update included two eye-catching changes, likely prompted by the UKPC affair and the growing list of other negative stories in the press. The two changes are to provide a 10 minute grace period after the expiry of a free parking period, and to stop financial incentives to attendants for issuing tickets, and

The grace period change is one that should be welcomed. We have heard numerous cases of parking tickets being issued to motorists for going a minute over the limit – and this is often because it takes a few minutes to exit the car park, and even more so in busy car parks. When asked about this before, the BPA had stated that a standard grace period could not be mandated since every car park is different. It’s funny how a bit of bad publicity suddenly means this is no longer the case.

It is not a fine, always remember that. Only the Local Authority and Police can issue fines. These parking companies have no more power than you or I. It is merely a request for payment, they use many underhand tactics to frighten people as do debt collection agencies.

Ignore, ignore, ignore.

It is not a fine, always remember that. Only the Local Authority and Police can issue fines. These parking companies have no more power than you or I. It is merely a request for payment, they use many underhand tactics to frighten people as do debt collection agencies.

Ignore, ignore, ignore.

UNLESS you are served with County Court proceedings.

If you ignore these, the claimant (plaintiff) will be awarded judgment in default of a defence.

• 5 months later...

mate parked his car at meadow hell retail park . because its 18 ft long took up two spaces length ways could not physically fit in one .got a ticket.when quiried was told cannot appeal. paid ticket. told not to use their car parks in bigger vehicles so any one who owns a vehicle bigger than the small spaces .expect a ticket. this parking companywill ticket any vehicle notwithinthe small space in any of its car parks it patrols.

mate parked his car at meadow hell retail park . because its 18 ft long took up two spaces length ways could not physically fit in one .got a ticket.when quiried was told cannot appeal. paid ticket. told not to use their car parks in bigger vehicles so any one who owns a vehicle bigger than the small spaces .expect a ticket. this parking companywill ticket any vehicle notwithinthe small space in any of its car parks it patrols.

Disgusting that Dave.

Sad to hear.

• 1 month later...

Me and my mate recently went to bargain buys as it was shutting down we stood in ques for 3 hours any way long story short we both have now got a fine from this company �� G24 ltd anyone else had one do we just ignore these are will they take it further etc thanks

• 3 weeks later...

Hi don't pay don't even respond to them I had same at Asda chapltown they sent me loads of threats fine kept getting more and more but it's not classed as a fine they word it that way to scare you it's only a invoice that was four years ago now way would I pay it they gave up and left me alone you only have to pay if it's council or police but not to a private parking company