Mish Mash - Ecclesall Road. Your experiences...

sasha81

Just eaten an absolutely gorgeous lunch at Mish Mash on eccy rd. I've walked past it so many times and finally went in (mainly coz my Mum was here and she could pay!) Not that it was expensive at all, its better when your Mum pays!

I felt I wanted to share how good it was coz its a real Sheffield enterprise and deserves supporting, locally sourced foods and drinks including alcohol, great service, food was yummy, seriously the best hand cut chips I've hand in ages. Also scrummy organic lemonade that tasted of lemons, makes me feel all nostalgic. A big bottle of Hendersons on each table and good service with a genuine smile, not something you come across every day.

yeah, me too! I hate it when they are too hard or pale or just not good. These had the skins on were wuite thin but not too crispy, cooked to perfection, and the portion was just right too!!

mmmm waxing lyrical about the chips! yum

I went there for the first time this week. The decor is nice and quirky, service ok, wine good, but I wasn't that impressed with the food. I had lamb in haggis sauce and the sauce was a bit on the cold side. It's also one of those places where you pay £16 - £18 for a main course and an extra £2.50 for vegables / potatoes / chips etc

I'm not a big eater, but went to the pub after and had a bag of crisps because I was still hungry.

Won't be rushing back.

Also, it always amuses me "hand cut chips" as opposed to what? I think I'll open a restuant and put "fish that comes from the sea with machine cut deep fried potatoes" on the menu.

I don't know if they had a different evening menu up then but they were all £10 to £13 when I looked.

And hand cut chips is exactly opposite to machine cut thats the point..... it shows a chef that takes time to prepare by hand. I think it says a lot.

And hand cut chips is exactly opposite to machine cut thats the point..... it shows a chef that takes time to prepare by hand. I think it says a lot.

It shows he's not got enough to do in the kitchen if he's messing about cutting chips.

wow you're a cynical bunch. I just wanted to make the point that it was all local, time had been taken and it was yummy. Sheffield supporting Sheffield not griping about me mentioning that the chips were cut by hand!! yikes :loopy:

wow you're a cynical bunch. I just wanted to make the point that it was all local, time had been taken and it was yummy. Sheffield supporting Sheffield not griping about me mentioning that the chips were cut by hand!! yikes :loopy:

Don't worry about it. As far as I am aware no eating place has ever had the thumbs up on this forum. Especially so if they have the ‘temerity’ to charge more than £10 for a main course.

Archived