Mish Mash - Ecclesall Road. Your experiences...

sasha81

I went to Mish Mash last night and I now see why it is always empty in there!

The prices are way too high for a restaurant like this - eer hello we are not in London!!! The decor seems to be cluttered and not a very relaxing atmosphere and as for the staff........ don't get me started! I strongly recommend you spend you hard earned cash somewhere where they appreciate their customers and serve good food - this place is a joke! Anybody been to Rossi's recently? I want to go somewhere with good food?!

Mixed reviews!

I have to say I like the place, went for the first time a couple of weeks ago and the service was excellent, food good, and like the decor. especially the retro style tomato ketchup squirters!

The week before we went to La Chandalier just a bit further up the road, anyone ever been there? Shocking! :wow: it made Mish Mash look like a michelen starred restaurant!! Extremely snooty service, the waiter was unbelievably rude- when we asked if there was a veggie breakfast he just said 'yeah' no indication what it actually was! We had to guess at items that might be on the menu and he just grunted. Nice! When the food finally came, the baked beans were cold (how can you get bbeans wrong?) so I sent it back, heard the ping of microwave as they had clearly placed the whole plate in the microwave, toast included, so when I got it the toast was soggy. I didn't even eat it. I shoudln't have paid but I did, regret that now :loopy:

• 3 weeks later...
mish mash is 10 times better now that one of the original founders is no longer there.

He now is a waiter in town (no names) so the story that he owned it seems to be (as expected) a load of pants.

Food good

service good

price ok

it appears your name suites.

You definately have too much to say for yourself lowdham!!

Your very personal message is completely pants.

I would like you to name names, ideally yours.

We can meet so you can know my business and you can write your apology.

My advice to you, get a hobby/interest and only comment on others matters you only have facts about.

I have a very good idea who you are, i hope and look forward to our paths crossing.

• 1 month later...

I went to Mish Mash last night and it was ( without swearing ) TERRIBLE! The staff have not got a clue, particularly the manager who resembles the Toad from Wind in the Willows! My meal came cold and when I asked about the ice cream the manager hadn't got a clue what he had in stock! The decor is nice and retro but I see why it is empty 90% of the time with a useless manager like that! I would give Mish Mash a MISS!!!!!!!!!! PS, No discount given when I raised my complaints!

I went to Mish Mash last night and it was ( without swearing ) TERRIBLE! The staff have not got a clue, particularly the manager who resembles the Toad from Wind in the Willows! My meal came cold and when I asked about the ice cream the manager hadn't got a clue what he had in stock! The decor is nice and retro but I see why it is empty 90% of the time with a useless manager like that! I would give Mish Mash a MISS!!!!!!!!!! PS, No discount given when I raised my complaints!

In all honesty, it sounds like it's drastically improved since last time I ate there. Awful place - amazed it's still open.

it appears your name suites.

You definately have too much to say for yourself lowdham!!

Your very personal message is completely pants.

I would like you to name names, ideally yours.

We can meet so you can know my business and you can write your apology.

My advice to you, get a hobby/interest and only comment on others matters you only have facts about.

I have a very good idea who you are, i hope and look forward to our paths

crossing.

Thanks for the lovely PM.

If you send such nasty messages to everbody who slated the place then you'll be typing for a while,

Judging by the time (2.55am) you'd obviously had a few sherberts.

I too hope our paths cross.:hihi::thumbsup:

Thanks for the lovely PM.

If you send such nasty messages to everbody who slated the place then you'll be typing for a while,

Judging by the time (2.55am) you'd obviously had a few sherberts.

I too hope our paths cross.:hihi::thumbsup:

That's not fair. I stated that the place is an utter disgrace and I didn't get a nasty PM - I want one! Abusive messages certainly support the general view that Mish Mash is terrible.

wow, never been, was considering going.. shere entertainment going on in this forum!

the thought of receiving a bad meal is quite scary, but it makes you appreciate good meals.

have walked past mish mash a few times, and must say, love the way it looks, and it does look very inviting.. hope when i go, food and service are as glowing as the decor!

do you need to book? anyone know?

That's not fair. I stated that the place is an utter disgrace and I didn't get a nasty PM - I want one! Abusive messages certainly support the general view that Mish Mash is terrible.

HAHAHAHA love it Brian.

I can forward you mine so you don't get left out!!:hihi::hihi:

Archived