Whats the worst job you've ever had ?

I've never had a really bad job.

Order picking in a warehouse at night was OK, quite fun.

Chroning at Sheffield College - fine

Urban and Countryside Ranger - Good

Taxman - Fun!

I would say that that darkest days came when I was a Ranger. I loved doing the countryside stuff, planting trees, cutting down trees, making fences etc. What I hated was being a social worker to some of the little scumbags on the Ponderosa and around Netherthorpe who acted like little gangstas from the age of 8 onwards and were completely unchecked by their parents, the police and various community / outreach workers.

Never mind, most of them are banged up now

Worst job I did was cash in hand caddying at a golf club. I got an irritable old bloke who spent most of his time effing and blinding at me because he kept hitting the ball into every obstacle and then blaming me for it. After 9 holes I chucked his clubs at him and told him what to do with them and stormed off. A spoilt walk in the country being abused for no pay.

I worked at Freemans for about 2 weeks, it's the only job in 18 years, where I haven't given any notice, I rang them and told them I wasn't coming in again. It was awful.

It was the 'new paperless enviroment' gone mad. I've never seen so much unnecessary paperwork. Total nightmare. Horrible place. :gag:

I've never had a job that was bad just because of what the job involved, but some of the people I've worked for I'd rather shoot than spend time with. That doesn't lead to fun.

People I can deal with.

Stupid rules, crap efficiency - which I could have sorted in minutes, and pointless and nauseating 'group team building sessions', pee me off.

Everyone is different though.

I worked in a greek Restauraunt when i was younger i thought it was good at the time because i was earning quite alot for my age but i wasn't getting much of a social life working 10 hours plus at weekends.

The worst job I had wasn't the one in a chicken factory, sorting through the still-warms innards of recently slaughtered birds for the hearts, lungs and gall bladders (why? I never found out).

It was working in a call centre for 192, the old directory enquiries. The pressure you were put under by management to deal with calls and the way you were constantly monitored through your computer, coupled with the nature of the enquiries (most of the time you had to tease out the info required to find the right number) was unbelievably bad. If I remember correctly you were given a target of 7 seconds AVERAGE to deal with a call, and your running average was displayed on the monitor. If the target remained unmet for more than 30 minutes you'd get a supervisor breathing down your neck (not helping at all, just giving aggro). If you didn't hit the target 3 days out of 5 it was a written warning and more threats. The warnings remained current for 3 months and if you accumulated 3 current warnings it was bye bye.

The worst thing was that I'd get a run of idiots, which meant my average time went up, then I'd snap and be a 'bit short' with the next caller... who'd turn out to be really nice and understanding, which made me feel PROPER s***.

Why on earth I didn't walk out sooner I don't know.