Valentines In Sheffield

Hook

Looking for somewhere nice and quiet for a Valentines night meal.

I'm not too bothered about the price, and looking for somewhere, fairly quiet with a decent range of food. I'm not up for a big, 'corporate' place, and I'm more interested in people's recommendations than anything else!

Not really explored anywhere to eat in Sheffield yet, at least not for a 'special' meal!

Go out the day before or the day after and enjoy a proper meal in your own time. I've been out a few times on Valentine's Day in Sheffield, and more often than not they ram you in (we were virtually on the same table as another couple), it's a set menu, and you usually have to be out by a certain time.

I'm guessing the food probably isn't at its best either, as the kitchens are so busy.

Now you just have to convince your other half that this is the way forward!

I just finished working at a restaurant that I was at for two years, so I certainly understand about the packing people in like Sardines! I'm kind of worried about this V'Day weekend, I figure everywhere is going to busy Fri, Sat, Sun & Monday and making a weekend of it.

I'm considering taking her up North for the weekend for a little romantic get away instead of spending it in Sheffield. That way I can guarantee a quiet table, in a quiet restaurant at a place I used to work at, where they won't pile 'em high.

Still 3 weeks left to decide. I need to start sampling eating out in Sheffield more... I haven't really eaten out here at all since I moved here, save for McDonalds!

Archived