Recommendations for curry city centre?

i'd back 7 spices, it's great. avoid the one under the showroom opposite station- vile vile vile.

If you're going to venture to the wicker, you may as well go up spital hillto mangla- nice decor, ace food, avoid Kashmir on the corner it's a dump and vastly overrarted.

Avoid the Mangla, vastly over rated!

Also Vjays is all style over content.

We decided to go to shapla (at the bottom of the moor) in the end as our friends had visited it before, but not since its refit several months ago. It was lovely, very nice decor modern and clean yet not losing the traditional style becoming the new 'contempory' indian of which i find cafe guru is (although food was good here, (cafe guru) i found it a little too westernised and a tad expensive)

But going back back to Shapla, the food was great not greasy at all and my stomach never suffered which is very often the case when i have curry. The curries did all look very similar but tasted quite different as expected. It was very reasonable too. i will be going again.

Shapla

28 Cumberland Street

S1 4PT

tel: 01142 720 831

I have tried nearly every indian restaurant in sheffield (city centre and surrounding areas) and for food and service it HAS to be Cafe Guru. The food is absolutely exceptional and the staff are all attentive, polite and punctual. There are a couple of drawbacks though, in that it is more expensive than other ones in the area and it is very modern. That said the quality of the food really does make it worth it and it is always packed at the weekend - a good indicator. Dont expect to go in a group of lads after a massive drinking session though as it is not that sort of place.

We decided to go to shapla (at the bottom of the moor) in the end as our friends had visited it before, but not since its refit several months ago. It was lovely, very nice decor modern and clean yet not losing the traditional style becoming the new 'contempory' indian of which i find cafe guru is (although food was good here, (cafe guru) i found it a little too westernised and a tad expensive)

But going back back to Shapla, the food was great not greasy at all and my stomach never suffered which is very often the case when i have curry. The curries did all look very similar but tasted quite different as expected. It was very reasonable too. i will be going again.

Shapla

28 Cumberland Street

S1 4PT

tel: 01142 720 831

Seconded :)

Fantastic food & fantastic service - I love it

Archived