Platillos - great for vegetarians

cmn2

Hi, This is the first time I have posted on the forum, although I've been a member since last year...recently had a vegetarian friend staying with me, and a friend advised us to go to Platillos. It has a great menu and it was great to have so much choice for vegetarians as well as for meat/fish lovers! I just wanted to recommend it for anyone like me who has both vegetarian and non veggies friends... a great place to go to please everyone!

Hi, This is the first time I have posted on the forum, although I've been a member since last year...recently had a vegetarian friend staying with me, and a friend advised us to go to Platillos. It has a great menu and it was great to have so much choice for vegetarians as well as for meat/fish lovers! I just wanted to recommend it for anyone like me who has both vegetarian and non veggies friends... a great place to go to please everyone!

Good. Might try it.

What did you have and isn`t it a bit expensive?

Its not particularly expensive, and its Tapas so you can have as much or as little as you like.

We've only been the once, but were pretty impressed. Drinks were a little pricey but I guess that's expected. Would definitely reccommend it, and as cmn2 says there are plenty of veggie options too. I had a selection of veg, meat and fish. :)

Menu

I might go again this weekend after reading this thread.

Hi Jemson, we had the most delicious turla turla (which was new to me) - like spicy ratatouille with chickpeas, and some succulent peppers stuffed with tomato and cheese. There was a lovely spinach avocado and bacon salad, but the did one without the bacon for my friend. Also, she had mushrooms a la greque which i thought i wouldn't like, but we ended ordering another because i ate all hers! My two favourite puds where the ice cream with espresso and the choc pud... although the creme caramel was yummy too. Now I want to go back having listed all these!

Expense wise, well...doesn't need to be expensive, we ordered about one or two dishes more than we needed to... it is filling but because it's little plates so you can over order... but we did end up eating it all (and loving it)... try ordering just three dishes each... you can always order more later if you are still hungry?

Hi Jemson, we had the most delicious turla turla (which was new to me) - like spicy ratatouille with chickpeas, and some succulent peppers stuffed with tomato and cheese. There was a lovely spinach avocado and bacon salad, but the did one without the bacon for my friend. Also, she had mushrooms a la greque which i thought i wouldn't like, but we ended ordering another because i ate all hers! My two favourite puds where the ice cream with espresso and the choc pud... although the creme caramel was yummy too. Now I want to go back having listed all these!

Expense wise, well...doesn't need to be expensive, we ordered about one or two dishes more than we needed to... it is filling but because it's little plates so you can over order... but we did end up eating it all (and loving it)... try ordering just three dishes each... you can always order more later if you are still hungry?

Will try it!

We had lunch there today and i agree it's great for vegetarians and the food is delicious.We had 6 dishes between 3 of us which was plenty for lunchtime, plus 3 coffees and 1 plate of churros (long doughnuts with melted chocolate) which worked out a tenner each, which i don't think is bad for the quality/quantity.And they are more than happy to give you a jug of tap water. My favourite dish was the aubergine involante which is strips of aubergine with cheese rolled inside, baked in tomatoe sauce.Starting to make my self feel hungry again now after feeling so full from the lunch!

• 2 months later...

The food in Platillos is fab, as good as Tapas that I've sampled in Barcelona. My only criticism of the place would be that the portions are quite small. Good job we ordered tons of dishes then. Shame about the hen party who were on the table adjacent to us.:(

After fleeing to Bar Ha Ha Ha, they unfortunately appeared there too, en masse. One of said hen night women, asked me to join her some forfeit whereby I had to fake orgasm.:suspect: I told her I never fake it.:D

Archived