Late 70's early 80's, missing boy found in sheffield canal

Can anyone remember the story of a missing boy that was found in the Tinsley canal, either in the late 70's or early 80's. he would have been between 8 and 11 years old and he went to Norfolk school,

I can remember the police coming round to my house to ask about him, i am trying to find out his name , if anyone can help.

I think it was Tony Something.

Cheers

Angie x

Can anyone remember the story of a missing boy that was found in the Tinsley canal, either in the late 70's or early 80's. he would have been between 8 and 11 years old and he went to Norfolk school,

I can remember the police coming round to my house to ask about him, i am trying to find out his name , if anyone can help.

I think it was Tony Something.

Cheers

Angie x

I believe it was 1980 my husband also went out searching for him

• 4 months later...
  • 2 years later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I lived on Wulfric Road around the corner from the young boy-we were similiar ages, so sad. I believe he was found in the viaduct at Tinsley having been using a rope as a swing. So many people were searching for him. A tragic end to a young life.

Archived